31 August 2010 – The National Association of Women in Construction last week awarded its prestigious Rider Levett Bucknall Crystal Vision Award to CEO of Lend Lease Tony Costantino and principal of Arup Marianne Foley.
NAWIC’s NSW Chapter President Bridgeen Rocks praised both winners for their contributions towards promoting women working in the construction industry.
“Both Tony Costantino and Marianne Foley are worthy winners of the Crystal Vision Award,” Ms Rocks said.
“Tony is committed to being a role model and mentor for advancing and furthering the interests of women, which is evident through his active participation in initiatives such as the Diversity Council, ensuring a strong level of female representation in his senior management team and the time and dedication he has displayed in the career development of a number of women.
“Marianne is passionate about actively promoting gender diversity within Arup and the industry. Marianne is influential through the use of her management leadership skills and technical expertise. We are delighted to celebrate the contribution of industry leading men and women who share NAWIC’s vision – to promote the contribution of women working in the construction industry.”
Other award winners included:
- Mia Feasey, Siren Design
CB Richard Ellis Business Woman of the Year Award
- Melissa Chandler, Bovis Lend Lease Brookfield Multiplex Award for Contribution to a Project’s Development
- Bovis Lend Lease Master Builders Association NSW & Clinton Recruitment Award for Innovation – Team
- Alicia Maynard, St Hilliers
Baulderstone Award for Contribution to Sustainability
- Kathleen Crone, Broadcast Builder
Bovis Lend Lease Scholarship for Future Leaders
- Sophie Poole, Baulderstone
Leighton Contractors Award for Achievement in Construction, Refurbishment and Fitout
- Kathy Franklin
Stockland Award for Innovation in Design
- Monica Senff Acoustic Logic Consultancy Tradesperson Scholarship
- Elizabeth Fensom, University of Sydney
NAWIC University Scholarship