17 December 2010 – The Warren Centre’s Innovation Hero Awards to recognise Australia’s most creative and inspirational engineers have been announced.
- Dr Simon Poole and Dr Steven Frisken – Finisar Australia – design, development and manufacture of optical communications and instrumentation equipment
- Professor Gernot Heiser – Open Kernel Labs – a leading computer operating systems research group supplying 500 million mobile phones users with their L4 microkernel product
- Alexander Gosling – Invetech – a company focused on product development
- Dr Bob Johnson – Maptek – innovative software technology and laser imaging hardware for the mining industry
- Neil O’Sullivan and the Management Team – NOJA Power – design and commercialisation of leading edge switchgear products which eliminate the greenhouse gas sulfur hexafluoride.