2 December 2010 – Biopharmaceutical company CSL Ltd was named Australian Sustainable Company of the Year and Lend Lease Australian Sustainable Company of the Decade at this week’s Ethical Investor 10th annual Australian Sustainability Awards.
The awards, now in their 10th year, recognise best practice in corporate sustainability across Australian companies.
CLS Ltd, which researches, develops, manufactures and markets products to treat and prevent serious human medical conditions, was recognised as the leader in its sector on environmental, social and governance issues.
Lend Lease, which built Australia’s first CBD green building, The Bond, in 2004 also won Australian Sustainable Company of the Decade, a special award marking the event’s 10th anniversary.
Other winners included:
- Credit union Mecu – Sustainable Small Company of the Year;
- The Local Government Superannuation Scheme – Sustainable Super Fund of the Year;
- Researcher Anna Skarbek and ClimateWorks Australia – Award for Sustainability
- Investa Property Group – Environment;
- Transfield Services – Social-Community;
- ASX Group – Corporate Governance;
- CBD Energy – Sustainable Infrastructure