A rare and exciting opportunity to drive the People & Culture agenda at a leading organisation:
- Flexible working arrangements and a 35 hour week
- Attractive remuneration and employee benefits including an annual Award increase
- Supportive team culture and focus on employee engagement
- Centrally located with a 25min commute from most main transport hubs
City of Parramatta is experiencing a bold transformation, with numerous city-changing initiatives and projects under way. As one of Australia’s fastest-growing cities, Parramatta is a home for transformational leadership, innovation and new ways of thinking.
About the role
This position is responsible for preparing and delivering urban design strategies and projects, with a primary focus on:
- Detailed spatial planning, plan preparation, analysis, stakeholder consultation and consultant management to support the implementation of the Parramatta Ways Walking Strategy https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/recreation-environment/walking; and
- Ongoing development, management and delivery of the Parramatta Light Rail Tree Planting and Neighbourhood Improvement Program https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/council/parramatta-light-rail/tree-planting
- Working with project stakeholders and delivery partners, both internally and externally, using strong visual, written and verbal communication skills.
About the person
As the ideal candidate you will have a passion for urban design and a familiarity with the design process across a range of project scales. This will be need to be supported specifically by skills and experience in urban design and public domain planning, project delivery as well as a commitment to working as part of a team. You will also have creative problem solving experience, interpersonal and communication skills, graphic presentation skill and capability in using design software.
You will have set of technical competencies and experience to bring to the position resulting from a background in urban design and or landscape architecture, architecture or similar fields.
What’s on offer
We are offering a full-time 3 year contract and an attractive salary starting from $88,923 p.a. plus Super. The City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Helen Papathanasiou on 0467 801 499.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 11:30pm, Monday 10th February 2020 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
The diverse culture at City of Parramatta is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in our workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. If you would like to know more, or require assistance with our recruitment process, please email DiversityCoP@cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights with no visa restrictions in Australia to apply for this position.