- Work on a range of projects at local, regional, state, national and international scales
- Join our growing team and contribute to our success
- AECOM offer flexible working options that reflect the needs of the modern workforce
AECOM’s Sydney Sustainability & Resilience team delivers high quality, cutting edge services to clients who are shaping our future. We are seeking a Graduate/Professional level consultant to join our team of diverse, supportive, industry leading professionals
We are currently working across a number of major programs to help implement and facilitate ideas and tools to better understand sustainability and resilience challenges. We are using our skills and strengths to help clients cope, recover and prosper, under changing future conditions. In providing this advice to our clients the role will have the opportunity to be involved in projects at local, regional, state, national and international scales, looking at hazards, risk, vulnerability and resilience for both the public and private sectors.
You would have the opportunity to work on unique, impactful projects to help our clients and communities reduce their environmental impacts and adjust to future climate change, such as:
- Resilient Reefs, an innovative global initiative to support 5 world heritage coral reefs to develop resilience strategies. Our team is the Implementation Partner, working directly with all 5 sites < www.barrierreef.org/science-with-impact/resilient-reefs >
We are a diverse team that values diverse perspectives. We invest in our team members, providing mentoring, technical guidance and opportunities to engage in large scale, city/country shaping projects which improve people’s lives, and keep them out of harm’s way. We do projects that no one else in our industry are doing, and are sought after by our clients because we deliver high quality work, informed by global best practice. We care about each other, our communities and their future.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Support projects including preparation of deliverables to meet contract requirements in line with project plan
- Provide technical expertise to resolve clients / project requirements
- Prepare reports, proposals, tender documents and correspondence
- Undertake ad hoc project related tasks as required which may include; studies and assessments, data analysis, technical writing, presentations, and legislation research
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with clients to enhance client retention and growth
You are a team player with a high level of self-awareness and strong communication and listening skills who has demonstrated commercial acumen. Utilising your solid experience working in sustainability and resilience across a range of market sectors and preferably within a consulting environment, you will have proven ability in building strong client relationships and business development skills. Your collaborative approach and ability to think outside the square, will see you succeed in this role.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in sustainability, environmental engineering/science/management (or similar). Applicants with post-graduate qualifications will be preferred.
- Experience in a sustainability role and an understanding of current industry trends related to climate change and sustainable development is desirable.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of an organisation which is pioneering the future.
Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come.
We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being.
Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighbourhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
This position is open to full-time, part-time and flexible employment, so we welcome you to apply whatever your preferred work situation. We offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package for this role.
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s participation throughout our workplace.