Are you an energetic built environment or environmental sustainability professional looking to join a dynamic team?
A fantastic opportunity is available for an exceptional Environmental Sustainability Coordinator. You will be responsible for supporting environmental sustainability activities across HASSELL with a primary focus on creating environmental value through our projects, reducing the environmental impact of our studios and supporting achieving our Vision and Purpose.
Reporting directly to the Sustainability Leader, this exceptional opportunity represents a chance to develop and enhance your career in a broad environmental sustainability role. You will drive sustainability initiatives and programs, organise training programs, maintain environmental registers, coordinate studio sustainability communities and undertake inductions.
You will have five years’ experience with the majority in industry or consulting organisations with an ability to drive activities autonomously. The position aligns to a person who responds positively to a consistent workload with an interest in environmental sustainability or a built environment background.
Your strength in working flexibly will see you thrive in an environment that provides activity in both operational and strategic spaces. You will have a passion for making a difference and influencing culture and be able to adapt and change with energy and enthusiasm. You are highly-organised and a good communicator with superior attention to detail.
Required skills and experience
You will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in developing and managing Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- strong writing, visual and verbal communication skills including the preparation and publication of high quality professional reports
- Excellent project and people management skill including the proven ability to develop, undertake and manage a number of projects
- Strong computer skills including experience with environmental reporting, databases and statistical packages, Microsoft Power Bi as well as Adobe Suite and Word and Excel.
We consider our people to be our greatest resource. With that in mind, we place great emphasis on attracting, retaining and developing the best talent. We place value on the quality of ideas and the contribution our people make to our open and collaborative culture. We support innovation and creativity to enable exceptional design outcomes.
We value diversity, employing people across a number of regions, representing many different cultures and ethnic backgrounds. Our team has access to a range of benefits to support development and wellbeing:
- Creative studio working environment
- Inter studio transfer opportunities
- Development and training including access to an online training program
- Wellbeing benefits
- Flexible start and finish times, part time and job share arrangements
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance.
If you aspire to create great places and are looking to take the next step in your career with an international design practice, this is the role for you.
Applications consisting of CV and portfolio can be sent digitally (PDF, max. 10MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you have the following Subject Line on your emailed application: SYDNEY_ENVIRONMENTALSUSTAINABILITYCOORDINATOR_JUNE2018
HASSELL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No agencies or third-party applications please.