At Buildings Alive, we are passionate about making the built environment more sustainable. We are a creative, agile and ambitious organisation focussed on helping maximise the operational efficiency of large commercial buildings. Our unique approach is people-focussed and at its core is an advanced and rapidly evolving technology platform.
Visit our website to find out more: www.buildingsalive.com
We are looking for an engineer with a background in building services, energy efficiency and energy analysis to join our Sydney-based engineering team. You will work with many of Australia’s most efficient and technologically sophisticated commercial buildings to further improve their energy and water efficiency. You will join a team that is responsible for:
- assisting our clients’ building operations staff with the identification and implementation of efficiency improvement opportunities – particularly focussed on helping fine-tune the strategies of existing systems (such as the building’s BMS)
- creatively analysing the environmental performance of our clients’ buildings
- collaborating with our clients’ building operations staff and facilitating ‘peer to peer’ dialogue
- R&D to continually enhance our automated energy and water analytics platform. This will involve working with our research scientists and engineers to develop new analysis technologies.
The role is based in Sydney CBD and involves semi-regular interstate travel.
It is a full time position (though part-time and remote candidates will be considered) and a competitive annual salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered.
Desired Skills and Experience
You will need to be creative, energetic and have an outgoing personality to succeed in this role. It is essential that you’re able to work productively with minimal supervision, facilitate collaboration and be a person that people from all walks of life want to work with. Ideally, you will have a background that also includes a range of the following:
- a thorough understanding of relationships between building design elements, mechanical systems, BMS strategies and energy performance gained through experience in the design, construction, commissioning and/or operation of building services, particularly HVAC and controls systems
- energy auditing experience, ideally gained in commercial buildings
- thorough understanding of NABERS rating tools
- advanced skills in MS Excel and experience or interest in energy modelling and data analysis
In addition you will likely have tertiary qualifications in relevant engineering or scientific disciplines, or a field related to the built environment.
We are looking for engineers to join us early in the life of the company, and grow with us, sharing the rewards of success along the way.
Please send your covering letter and current CV to email@example.com