11 March 2014 — The University of Sydney is after a sustainability officer to assist with the implementation of sustainability initiatives, as well as lead, develop, establish and maintain an environmental management system for the university.
A University of Sydney spokeswoman said the role was a replacement after the resignation of the incumbent.
In the role, you will:
- lead development and establishment of an environmental management system and ensure implementation of the university sustainability framework for campus building projects
- be involved in the development, implementation and management of university environmental sustainability and related strategies, standards, policies, procedures, reports and initiatives
- manage the university’s utilities accounts and consumption data for electricity, gas and water
- strategically help drive energy and resource efficiency of campus building operations
- prepare environmental compliance and performance reports for internal stakeholders, external stakeholders and government regulatory compliance (for example, NGER, EEO)
- undertake business and technical analyses to support successful implementation of university-wide sustainability strategies
Candidates must possess:
- relevant tertiary and/or post graduate qualifications in environmental engineering, environmental science, or related fields, and demonstrated extensive relevant professional experience in environmental engineering, environmental consulting and/or environmental sustainability roles in the government and/or the private sector
- proven expertise in the driving, developing, establishing and implementing of environmental sustainability strategies, governance systems, procedures and processes
- well developed skills, knowledge and abilities in technical data analysis and processing for corporate reporting and management decision-making
- demonstrated experience or capacity in establishing and documenting systems and procedures
- proven experience as a team player
- detailed knowledge and experience in multi-disciplinary, technical as well as social engagement aspects of environmental sustainability
- managed delivery and coordination of multiple sustainability initiatives/activities
- excellent time management, business report writing and organisational skills
Remuneration package: $106K-$120K a year
Applications close 19 March.
Go to sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by reference number 276/0214 for more information.