21 May 2014 — Buildings Alive, a company that drives energy efficiency improvements in buildings to cut greenhouse gas emissions, is on the search for engineers with backgrounds in building services, energy efficiency and energy analysis.
The role will be based in Sydney with semi-regular interstate travel. It is a full-time position and a competitive annual salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered.
Buildings Alive chief executive Craig Roussac said the successful applicants will work with many of Australia’s most efficient and technologically sophisticated commercial office buildings, shopping centres and hospitals to further improve their energy and water efficiency.
The roles involve working with building operations staff to help identify and implement efficiency improvement opportunities, analysing data, facilitating ‘peer to peer’ learning, and contributing to a range of R&D projects.
Applicants will ideally need:
- a thorough understanding of relationships between building design elements, mechanical systems, BMS strategies and energy performance gained through experience in the design, construction, commissioning and/or operation of building services, particularly HVAC and controls systems
- energy auditing experience, ideally gained in commercial buildings
- advanced/expert skills in MS Excel
- experience with building simulation, data analysis and statistics
- tertiary qualifications in relevant engineering or scientific disciplines, or a field related to the built environment
See here for further information and to apply. Applications close 28 May 2014.