28 March 2012 –Nominations for sustainability awards in Victoria’s City of Yarra are open until 1 May.
The six categories are:
- Business – commercial and social enterprises that have minimised negative environmental impacts and maximised positive contributions to Yarra’s environment and community
- Community Action – groups and organisations that have made a significant contribution to sustainability
- Design and development – environmentally sustainable design and development in the built environment (completed and design projects)
- Educational services – educational organisations including children’s centres and kindergartens, primary and secondary schools, tertiary institutions, training organisations and other educational organisations
- Home and garden – individuals, households and families who have made progress in the sustainability of their home and/or garden
- Local heroes – recognising the achievements of an individual who has contributed to sustainability
Winners will be announced at a ceremony in September to mark Zero Emissions Day and the International Year of Sustainable Energy.