- Work with Australia’s leading authority on sustainable buildings and communities
- Supportive and friendly team culture
- Fantastic Sydney CBD Location
About the role
We are excited to offer an opportunity to further shape the green building industry in Australia. This role will play a key role in the Market Transformation team, providing the opportunity to improve and streamline processes and content, as well as to contribute to the development of new Green Star rating tools.
We are seeking technical specialist to provide management of our Green Star rating tools and support internal and external stakeholders to deliver transformation of the built environment. You will work to create technical solutions which are challenging with regard to sustainability without the administrative burden. You will relish creating rating tools that are robust and transformative, as well as simple, clear and readily demonstrated
You have great project management skills, excellent communication skills, and are comfortable solving complex technical problems. In addition you are great at explaining complicated technical issues in a way that is easy to understand.
This is a full-time role with the option of flexible working arrangements, based in our 5 Star Green Star rated Sydney office located opposite Hyde Park.
- Governance of rating tools;
- Manage review and updates for rating tools on an annual basis;
- Develop and manage alignment between GBCA and external rating tools and labels;
- Lead technical sub-groups and workshops with stakeholders, focused on tool development;
- Provide technical leadership in agreed knowledge categories across all rating tools;
- Approve query responses relating to rating tools;
- Provide technical training to the Market Transformation team and support the development of technical skills for the Technical Coordinators;
- Represent the GBCA at workshops and on relevant committees;
- Seek opportunities to present at conferences and other forums to raise awareness and understanding of the rating tools;
- Answer complex queries from stakeholders and project teams in relation to existing rating tools, supported by Technical Coordinators;
- Meet with senior stakeholders and project teams to discuss issues as required, supported by Technical Coordinators;
- Facilitate workshops and meetings with external stakeholders to establish holistic technical solutions for project certification;
- Work collaboratively across the organisation to provide technical support and develop resources that support the update of rating tools and other related products.
Required skills and experience
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in one of the following areas: a discipline related to the sustainable built environment, engineering, planning, architecture, environmental science or similar.
- 3 years’ sustainability and/or built environment experience in any of the following areas:
- Operation of sustainable buildings
- Relevant experience in sustainability and/or built environment
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Strong understanding of the urban development industry, market related issues and ability to identify opportunities to engage in market issues.
- Proven experience in working within multidisciplinary teams.
Join a motivated and committed team who are passionate about creating sustainable places for everyone. By being part of the GBCA team you can expect a fulfilling and rewarding career through making a difference in transforming the sustainable built environment. The GBCA offers a progressive environment and culture that will support you to learn and develop in your chosen career.
- Mentoring program.
- Professional development through educational assistance.
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work/life balance.
- Social gatherings such as Friday night drinks, birthday celebrations, fundraisers, mid-year and annual events.
- Casual dress Fridays.
- Commitment to a workplace health and safety environment and culture.
About the Green Building Council of Australia
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. The GBCA employs 45 staff and its mission is to accelerate the transformation of Australia’s built environment into one that is healthy, liveable, productive, resilient and sustainable. The GBCA works with industry and government to encourage policies and programs that support its mission. The Council educates thousands of people each year on how to design and deliver efficient and sustainable outcomes for Australia’s buildings and communities. And the GBCA operates Australia’s only national, voluntary, holistic rating system for sustainable buildings and communities – Green Star.
How to apply
Please apply through Seek including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager.
Closing date for applications: COB 17 November 2016