BRIEF – 24 March 2010 – Co-owners of 1 Bligh Street, DEXUS Wholesale Property Fund and Cbus Property have announced that the 1 Bligh Street office development in Sydney has been awarded a 6 Star Green Star Office Design v2 Certified rating.
The building’s double skin façade system is a major contributor to the 6 Star Green Star rating, which allows the energy consumption of the building to be kept at a minimum and for a 42 per cent CO2 reduction when compared to a similar sized conventional office tower, the co-owners said.
Other innovations which contributed to 1 Bligh Street’s leading score include:
- A solar cooling system which feeds into the tri-generation system that reduces the strain on the CBD grid infrastructure by a further 25 per cnt and provides free cooling for the building.
- The specially formulated high strength concrete used and the column design which reduces the number of columns, and therefore minimises the amount of concrete used.
- The first use of a black water recycling in a high rise office building that saves 100,000 litres of drinking water a day.
- State-of-the-art water efficient fittings, rainwater harvesting and fire system water reuse.
- All timber and plywood used in the structure is recycled or from FSC accredited sources.
- 90 per cent of all steel used in the project comprises more than 50 per cent recycled content.
- 80 per cent of all PVC type products have been replaced with non PVC materials.