17 June 2014 — The National Association of Women in Construction is looking for leaders, rising stars, and outstanding individuals and teams for its 2014 Awards for Excellence.
The awards, hosted by NAWIC’S New South Wales chapter, recognise the achievements and encourage the advancement of women in construction in NSW.
“The Awards for Excellence are for both established and emerging leaders – and are an important opportunity for women at all stages of their construction careers to be recognised and rewarded for their achievements,” NAWIC NSW president Sarah Hogan said.
“Last year’s winner of the prestigious Laing O’Rourke Crystal Vision Award, Lend Lease’s Sandra Triulzi, was acknowledged for her contribution as an influential change agent – and we look forward to rewarding another exceptional woman in 2014.”
The 12 separate award categories in 2014 are:
- Laing O’Rourke Crystal Vision Award for Advancing the Interests of Women in the Construction Industry
- John Holland Business Woman of the Year Award
- Brookfield Multiplex Award for Contribution to a Project’s Development
- NAWIC Award for Deal of the Year
- Brookfield Johnson Controls Tradesperson Scholarship
- Master Builders Association NSW & Clinton Recruitment Award for Team ?Innovation
- Acoustic Logic Award for Contribution to Sustainability
- Lend Lease Scholarship for Future Leaders
- Award for Achievement in Construction, Refurbishment and Fit Out
- Stockland Award for Innovation in Design
- DTZ University Scholarship
- Now Careers Project Manager Award
Nominees for the awards represent a broad range of construction fields including engineers, architects, interior designers, project managers, lawyers, developers and more.
Nominations are open until 10 July 2014, and winners will be announced at the 2014 NSW Awards for Excellence gala ball on 21 August 2014 at The Star, Sydney.