4 August 2012 – A new suite of websites for the NABERS program has been launched by NSW Environment Minister Robyn Parker.
The websites include a refreshed public site, a secure members’ site and a new ratings platform, NABERS Rate.
For the first time, customers will be able to view and track their rating applications in real time and view their rating history.
Ms Parker said the websites were in response to industry feedback along with the government’s commitment, as NABERS’ national administrators, to improve communication and provide a better experience for customers and stakeholders.
“Industry has made it clear that NABERS ratings are now a key business tool for much of the national property industry,” she said.
“In fact, 66 per cent of Australian office space has been rated with NABERS Energy, and 72 per cent of NSW office space.”
Ms Parker said key areas improved by the new websites included:
- Reducing the amount of duplication, paperwork and time required to process ratings
- Providing a more transparent and streamlined system where ratings can be lodged and tracked in real time
- Enhancing communication channels and sharing of information
- Enabling customers to be more actively involved and informed
- Offering more resources and technical advice
The new NABERS public website is up and running with the members’ site to be progressively rolled over the coming months.