24 October 2012 — It’s here
The biggest project ever for The Fifth Estate, the ebook guide to an Australian finance innovation, Environmental Upgrade Agreements.
This is a step-by-step guide for anyone who wants to be part of a commercial building retrofit:
- Commercial property agents and advisers
- Local Government Authorities and government agencies
- consultants, property and asset managers
EUAs promise to unlock potentially billions of dollars in the retrofits of our older commercial buildings. And at the same time reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
It’s a simple concept, but radical and new:
- borrow money from the bank to upgrade the environmental performance of your building
- pay for the loan through the energy savings
- make the repayments part of council rates.
Result: lower cost of finance, win/win for tenants and owners alike.
To view the ebook click on:
- the photo above
- the link here
Use the hyperlinked index, and flip easily to the page you want. Expand the screen view, print on demand.
This book is a collaboration with the industry.
We thank our principal sponsors:
- Norman Disney & Young
To all our sponsors
- NB Verdigris (Napier & Blakeley)
A huge thank you also to all who gave this book life and ensured that it would be the best possible step by step guide to a more sustainable property industry.
Our story on the launch events will come soon.
The Environmental Upgrade Agreements ebook – your guide to Australia’s finance innovation for building retrofits
is a Fifth Estate Special Project