WoodSolutions is seeking a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Technical Team Consultant to drive the organisation’s Design and Build Presentation Program across South Australia. The successful candidate will be part of a national team, with representatives in WA, Qld, NSW/ ACT, VIC, TAS.
The position, starting out on a 6-month trial basis, is project-based and remuneration will be in line with the number and types of attendees to each event. The position suits candidates who are either self-employed, work part-time/ casual or have recently retired.
WoodSolutions is an industry initiative designed to provide independent, non-proprietary information about timber and wood products to professionals and companies involved in building design and construction. A collaborative effort between Forest and Wood Products Australia members and levy payers, WoodSolutions is supported by industry bodies and technical associations.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have a relevant university degree or extensive experience in using timber the design and build sectors and/or the construction industry. A minimum of 5 years of experience in one of the areas of project management (engineering, building and construction) is required.
Reporting to the National Marketing and Communications Manager, it is expected that the candidate will have strong presentation, project management and communication skills, with an emphasis on interpersonal skills.
While not essential, it is desirable for the candidate to demonstrate a solid understanding of the post-secondary education system relating to the design and build curricula. Equally important is an understanding of the non-residential construction sector and the National Construction Code provisions which are pertinent to the wood products sector.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The Technical Team Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Manage and implement WoodSolutions Design and Build Presentation Program across South Australia;
- Organise, deliver and organise speakers for presentations on wood and wood product topics that are relevant and topical to specifiers (e.g. engineers, architects, design and build professionals)
- Disseminate WoodSolutions resources and create learning opportunities for specifiers and students in engineering and design and build disciplines with the aim to generate a positive attitude towards wood products and increase uptake for structural and decorative applications;
- Create, maintain and grow a network of specifiers, organisations and associations that promote and support the use of wood and wood products;
- Compile and present quarterly and annual reports on completed activities and results.
Applicants must be willing to operate from a home office and travel at least twice a year to the Melbourne office for face to face meetings with the members of the national team and the National Marketing and Communications Manager.
Resumes and cover letters will be received until Monday, 23 April 2018 and can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on WoodSolutions visit woodsolutions.com.au.