· $100,072 p.a plus superannuation
· Term contract until 30 June 2022
· Option to work a 19 day month
The City of Sydney is accelerating its leadership and proven delivery of environmental action for Sydney’s residential and business communities. Exciting opportunities are now available to join the Sustainability Programs team to deliver Sydney 2030 and our new Environmental strategy and Sector based plans (attached in City’s recruitment system).
The City of Sydney is part of a network of local councils partnership which have been delivering the national CitySwitch Green Office program (CitySwitch.net.au) for the past 12 years. The program offers practical support, campaigns and recognition for businesses seeking to demonstrate sustainability leadership.
The Coordinator will support office-based businesses in the local area to improve their environmental performance towards Net Zero. In this role you will;
- Lead current signatories to create and implement environmental policy, strategy and action plans.
- Support large and small businesses to take action across a range of environmental campaigns, targeting emissions, energy efficiency, renewables, waste and wellness.
- Encourage the completion of annual NABERS Energy for Tenancy ratings.
- Identify and deliver content, events and awards that address the needs of signatories and match national program priorities.
- Grow the signatory base, identifying and recruiting new signatories in target segments.
As the ideal candidate you will have a passion for the environment and will be both collaborative and innovative in your approach to sustainability project design and delivery. You will have exceptional client and project management and engagement skills and have significant experience in delivering environmental outcomes within business communities.
Your application must address the selection criteria, as stated within the position description, and must also address how your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the specific programs and services that this role will deliver (as outlined above)
Please submit online via our website, www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/jobs. Note that your application is for a specific role. If you are interested in multiple roles you will need to submit multiple tailored applications.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.