- Location: Sydney then relocate to Singapore
Our client is a dynamic, vertically integrated logistics property specialist founded in Australia but with operations across Australia, New Zealand, China, India, Indonesia and Singapore. They manage every aspect of logistics real estate to deliver value and cutting-edge solutions for their customers and capital partners.
As Group Sustainability Manager, you will lead the implementation of their sustainability strategy and framework across the Group’s regional operations in line with their corporate growth strategy.
In addition to this you will:
- Develop and embed key sustainability initiatives at Group, Country, Fund and Asset levels: business plans, objectives, measures of success and organisational targets
- Act as subject matter expert and business partner on embedding sustainability as part of annual business strategy and planning
- Develop Group-level policies, procedures and sustainability communications
- Develop and manage Group sustainability management systems
- Track Group sustainability performance against objectives and report regularly to the Executive and Board on agreed KPIs and targets
- Develop and manage Group-level initiatives such as TCFD, Modern Slavery and community investment
- Coordinate, in collaboration with operations, the delivery of compliance and voluntary sustainability reporting
- Prepare and deliver responses to investors’ queries on sustainability
- Provide ad hoc sustainability advice to Asset/Fund Managers based on external trends, investor and external stakeholder engagement, and in country initiatives
You will have a comprehensive understanding of sustainability principles and issues affecting businesses; as well as an understanding of the commercial drivers for sustainability performance. With proven capability working in a corporate sustainability function within the real estate sector, you will possess:
- Strategic engagement skills
- Extensive corporate sustainability experience covering strategy execution, public reporting, investor engagement, and performance standards
- Passionate about improving property performance
- Ability to travel nationally and regionally
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing property company and lead the development of their sustainability strategy. The role will initially be located in Sydney and focused in Australia, as this is where the majority of their existing assets are. However, the successful candidate will relocate to Singapore within the next 18-24 months given the strong growth trajectory into Asia.
This role presents an opportunity to be involved with an organisational culture that not only has a strong appetite from the business to establish their credentials in sustainability, but a drive from the employee base to consolidate their community investment strategy. This role is perfect if you are looking to progress your career from a local focus to a truly global role.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans on +61 431 414 883 or apply using this link.