In 2017 Schneider Electric was ranked in the Top 10 places to work in Australia and top 25 globally! We offer a flexible work environment enabling you to take control of how you get your work done. We are global specialists in energy management and automation and our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone at every moment.
Based in Notting Hill, Melbourne and reporting to the National Solution Segment Manager, we have a great opportunity for a technically astute, innovative and relationship focused Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Energy and Sustainability team.
You will work with the Project Development team on a range of commercial, health and industrial projects, identifying and recommending effective energy conservation technologies and methodologies in tenders and developing detailed designs for implementation.
Whilst not wanting to narrow the field, the following will be key to your success:
- Extensive experience in HVAC/mechanical/industrial engineering with high level design capability
- Significant experience in a building services and/or energy auditing environment
- The ability to identify and understand the client’s installed technology
- A broad knowledge of non-core HVAC engineering disciplines and other building services (eg electrical, lighting and hydraulics)
- Knowledge of building rating schemes and well-developed energy modelling skills
- The ability to identify energy/water efficiency upgrade solutions and prepare energy balances
- Experience in the preparation of designs and tender documentation including specifications and drawings to obtain contractor pricing
- The ability to calculate energy savings and write up the solutions
- Advanced Word & Excel skills
- A tertiary qualification in a mechanical engineering discipline is essential
The flexibility to travel intra and interstate as required is essential.
You have excellent communication skills and a strong team focus; you thrive on responsibility and challenge and enjoy working on multiple projects with diverse stakeholders to achieve outstanding results.
Developing great relationships and innovative solutions to satisfy your customers drives and motivates you!
At Schneider Electric, we are open, we value differences, we listen, we learn, connect, and collaborate with others. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work and are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application.