The Group Manager role is one of the most vital roles within Northrop. Partnering with the Sustainability Section Manager in Sydney, you will play a pivotal role in the strategic development of our Sustainability offering in Melbourne, as we enter the next phase of our evolution. With a key focus on business development and growing a team from conception, we are seeking a Sustainability professional who is passionate about developing people to their full potential.
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multi-discipline consultancy that has been established for over 40 years. We have an open management structure that embodies a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce for all our employees.
We currently employ over 350+ team members across eight offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC. We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
Looking to operate without bureaucracy and red tape?
Keen to implement ideas without going through multiple layers of approval?
Positive, adaptable and flexible with your approach to management?
Open-minded and approachable?
Inspiring and passionate about the Sustainability industry?
Get the best out of your people?
Effectively manage people without the need to micromanage?
Take accountability during critical situations?
Impart your knowledge and pass on both technical and professional skills?
Be a leader, not just a manager?
Rest assured, you will receive the necessary support and resources required for you to be successful.
This is a unique role and opportunity, and is not for everyone. We are looking for someone who wants to take control of their career and provide pathways for their team to operate successfully and achieve their career goals. We are looking for someone who has;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Strong team ethics
- Sustainability consulting skills in the built environment (Master planning communities & buildings)
- Sound knowledge in working with various rating frameworks (minimum Greenstar, NABERS, WELL, ABSA/HERS)
- Well-rounded experience balanced in both technical ability and consulting/managerial skills
- High EQ with the ability to manage high pressure situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to find common ground and gain personal and professional trust whilst working collaboratively across functional groups
- Creative problem-solving skills to continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles
To arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact our Recruitment & Talent Consultant Stephanie Soghomonian at (02) 9241 4188.
- See here to apply with The Fifth Estate job ad in subject line.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.