About the Role
This role is for an experienced all-rounder who will support the discipline leaders in our Melbourne office in the delivery of sustainable design solutions for a broad range of interesting and high-profile projects from the tertiary, schools, community, commercial and residential sectors.
As a Project or Senior ESD Consultant, you will be involved in the management and delivery of a number of projects simultaneously. You will take responsibility for the day-to-day running of projects but with full support from our discipline leads. You will need a strong knowledge of sustainable design strategies and to be a good problem solver who can think creatively.
At a senior level there will be an expectation that you bring technical excellence to the role whilst skilfully managing client relationships and project financials.
In December 2018, Irwinconsult and WSP became one company, sharing a common purpose to improve the societies we live in. Drawing on the team’s strengths, the successful candidate will join the team at the Irwinconsult office in East Melbourne initially, relocating to WSP’s Southbank office towards the end of the year.
To be considered for this position you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering, or a discipline related to the sustainable built environment
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as an ESD Consultant, including experience in the local market
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience in delivery of projects seeking Green Star and NABERS certification.
- Good working knowledge of other environmental rating tools and assessment processes, such as WELL, Passive House, Living Building Challenge, FirstRate, Section J, BESS and LEED – with accreditations in these areas desirable.
- Experience with or exposure to energy (thermal/HVAC) and daylight modelling software are desirable.
- A team player attitude with a passion for knowledge sharing including assisting with training and development of junior staff.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to liaise and build relationships internally and with multiple key clients and external stakeholders
- The ability to work efficiently, use your initiative and to operate with a high degree of autonomy
What we can offer:
- Career growth and progression, with excellent training and development opportunities
- A range of employee benefits, including flexible working arrangements
- Active Social Club and corporate wellness initiatives
If you have a personal passion for sustainability, and you would like to be associated with the award winning and challenging work that this practice can offer, then we welcome your application.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org