- Sydney & Brisbane
About the business
HFM Asset Management is an Australian building efficiency company with offices in Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Ballina. Our mission is to transform properties into efficient, cost-effective and compliant assets for our clients.
Within any property, problems can occur when many parties including designers, builders, engineers and operators all have individual inputs. HFM protects assets and their owners from a range of performance related issues.
At HFM, we are experts in building efficiency; our team provides a unique range of skills including utilities performance management, engineering, facilities management, procurement and data analysis to help our clients obtain building efficiency
About the role
With expansion of our East Coast operations we are looking for a Building Services / Facilities Consultant to join our highly motivated team, your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking assessments and audits of commercial office buildings, industrial facilities, hotels, resorts, health care facilities, educational facilities and retail premises to analyse and survey energy, utility and resource use;
- Identifying opportunities and implementing sustainable practices and cost saving improvements by using energy audits or industry based rating assessments and tools (i.e. NABERS);
- Undertaking Energy Audits and NABERS ratings;
- Manage ongoing day to day utility performance and energy management plans of nominated portfolio of assets liaising with all relevant stakeholders to ensure achievement of agreed saving targets;
- Conduct Building Condition and Life Cycle Analysis of buildings including the Building Structure, Fabric and Services;
- Plan, define and oversee projects involving building upgrades and refurbishments;
- Ensuring all tasks undertaken meet quality standards and client expectations;
- Providing Facility Management Advisory services to owners.
Benefits and perks
- An attractive entry level remuneration package (including salary, super, uniform and safety gear, computers and mobile phone) will be offered to the successful applicant based on qualifications and experience.
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing Australian company.
- Diverse team.
- Great work environment.
- Office conveniently located in CBD Sydney & CBD Brisbane
Skills and experience
- 8 + years working within the building services sector. Operational experience in commercial assets and or hotels would be advantageous;
- Experience in managing and operating computer maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Sound understanding of Essential Services Compliance
- At least 4 years’ experience working at an Australian building services consultancy (preferred) or a building services contractor is an ABSOLUTE PREREQUISITE.
- Minimum of Trade Certificate; preferred degree qualification in a relevant field (Electrical,
- Mechanical or Building Services Engineering) with relevant professional memberships/affiliations.
- Knowledge of the National Construction Code of Australia.
- Excellent team-working abilities.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MUST BE AN AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT