As principal architects for Habitech, Third Skin is seeking an experienced Project Architect with a passion for creating more sustainable housing solutions in a dynamic new space.
Habitech is a Melbourne based company designing and delivering modern, super strong, fast to build, energy efficient buildings. Utilising its Australian designed and manufactured modular building fabric components, the company is connecting design to the manufacture of sustainable building components in new ways. Driven by architecture and sustainability, Habitech is presenting a new design and delivery offering to the market.
Please refer: https://www.habitechsystems.com.au/careers
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Architect who is able to work with clients to design and deliver a range of residential projects around Australia. We seek an architect with a design sensibility, understanding of building science and an interest in delivering better housing solutions. Supported by a team structure, the role involves the design, coordination of sub-consultants and management of documentation staff to deliver houses constructed with Habitech’s modular building system.
The person we are looking for will be a self-starter and able to contribute to a design team as the company grows. They will be passionate about our environmental agenda and be willing to advocate for designing and building in smarter and more effective ways. They will see the benefit of continuous refinement and a system based architectural approach in creating a truly sustainable building industry, based on measurable performance.
The person we are looking for is likely to have:
- 6-10 years of experience
- Client management skills, good collaborator
- Previous experience with residential projects and a good knowledge of the planning process, Rescode and the BCA
- Sustainable design and improving the way buildings are designed and delivered
- Track record in delivering quality design outcomes
- REVIT documentation skills
- Interest in developing new models of BIM based design and documentation linking directly to manufacture
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects in a team environment
- A history of residential design excellence and passion for designing homes for clients
- A vision as to how architectural services can be delivered in new ways
- Client focussed, service orientated and dedicated to quality architectural outcomes
- Passion about the environmental agenda and a willingness to advocate for news way of doing things
- A belief that building performance and continual improvement are critical to the development of a truly sustainable building industry based on measurable performance
- An understanding of the benefit of continuous refinement of a system based an architectural approach
- Team and leadership skills to help build a design culture
- An aptitude for engaging with and managing clients
- An appetite for continuous improvement, connected to materials and manufacture and interest in building a more sustainable design solution.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially savvy architect with an interest in how architectural services can be delivered in new ways to a broader audience. If you have a passion for residential design and an interest in working on a larger scale, join us in having an influence on the way 21 Century Australian housing will be designed and delivered.
Remuneration based on industry rates and experience, as well as a bonus structure.
We are a growing team with a shared commitment to creating a professional and fun work environment. Our staff are motivated by the idea that we can provide excellent results for our clients that have a more sustainable environmental impact. Working in Habitech’s light-filled office overlooking the Fitzroy Gardens and St Patrick’s Cathedral on the NE corner of the CBD, the position provides the opportunity to join a growing and dynamic company with excellent long-term prospects for career growth and development.
All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence. For further information, email: