- Provide direction for Green Star Certification and development of rating tools
- Work with Australia’s leading authority on sustainable buildings and communities
- Fantastic Sydney Barangaroo Location
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. Our purpose is to lead the sustainable transformation of Australia’s built environment. We employ over 40 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our flexible team works across Australia. For more information on how the GBCA is transforming the built environment please refer to our website www.gbca.org.au.
Your new role
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Green Star Solutions, you will play a key role in providing overall technical guidance and support for Green Star certification and development of rating tools. In partnership with Technical Specialists and Technical Coordinators you will assist in delivering on the GBCA’s purpose of transforming the built environment.
You will be responsible for creating technical solutions which push the boundaries within the sustainable built environment but without administrative burden for our stakeholders. Your solutions will be robust and transformative, as well as simple, clear and readily demonstrated.
You have great project management skills, excellent communication skills, and are comfortable solving complex technical problems. In addition you are comfortable at explaining complicated technical issues in a way that is easy to understand.
This is a full-time role based in our Sydney office.
- You will guide technical content development for Green Star rating tools;
- You will approve technical question responses relating to Green Star rating tools;
- You will represent the GBCA at workshops and on relevant committees;
- You will coordinate and participate in the review and update of existing rating tools as well as the development of new rating tools;
- You will collaborate with expert reference panels focussed on rating tool development;
- You will work with teams internally to develop resources that support the update of rating tools and other related products.
Your skills and experience
- You have tertiary qualifications in one of the following areas: a discipline related to the sustainable built environment, engineering, planning, architecture, environmental science or similar.
- You are a current Green Star Accredited Professional (GSAP) and have delivered multiple Green Star projects
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in design, construction and operation of sustainable buildings, infrastructure, communities and precincts.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations to a variety of audiences.
- You have a strong understanding of the urban development industry, market related issues and ability to identify opportunities to engage in market issues.
Join a motivated and committed team who are passionate about creating healthy, positive places for everyone. By joining the GBCA team you can expect a fulfilling and rewarding career helping to build a sustainable future. The GBCA offers a creative and visionary environment and culture that will support you to learn and develop in your chosen career.
- Mentoring Program and Educational Assistance Program
- Employee of the Quarter (GBCA Star Award)
- Flexible Working Arrangements, Activity Based Working with Sit to Stand desks, fortnightly personal training sessions
- Complementary Fruit and Snacks and quarterly staff lunches
How to apply
Please apply through SEEK including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager. Closing date for applications: COB 6 September 2018
For more information and a copy of the position description please contact Anna Hendricks on Ph: 02 8239 6200.
We aim to create a diverse work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We are also proud to have a Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan, acknowledging the proud heritage of Australia’s first people and working towards a reconciled Australia. We recognise the value Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace and welcome applications from the Indigenous community.