- Dow Jones Sustainability Index Real Estate Leader
- Newly created position
- Sydney CBD Location
At GPT we are passionate about creating spaces that go beyond the expectations of our investors, customers and communities. We create value through our focus on strategic investment and management of high quality shopping centres, office towers, logistics centres and business parks and proudly own a portfolio of iconic assets across Australia.
Every day we strive to deliver exceptional results to achieve our vision to be the most respected property company in Australia. We do this by empowering our people to take initiative and create innovative solutions. We believe our commitment to invest in you is what strengthens the core of our business and keeps us sustainable, focused and passionate about shaping the future of property in Australia.
GPT operates to an ISO14001 standard Environmental Management System (EMS). The principal aspects of the EMS deal with Energy and Climate Change, Waste, Water and Biodiversity. The systematic approach to delivering and maintaining improved environmental outcomes has seen GPT lead world sustainability indices for the past decade.
GPT has fundamentally reformed the industry’s processes, contracts and reporting of waste and resource management, providing clear, accurate, transparent and systematic processes to deliver improved outcomes in waste management.
The Environment and Waste Officer will work closely with the National Manager – Environment and support other teams in order to systematically bring together key aspects of the EMS and reporting requirements.
Stakeholder engagement and strategic planning are an important part of the role to ensure ongoing relevance and continuous improvement of the EMS system, and consequently the buildings in the GPT portfolio.
Driving performance in recycling will be one of the most important outcomes for the Environment and Waste Officer.
As Environment and Waste Officer, the key responsibilities of your role will be to;
- Support development and update of policy material
- Support development and update of management procedures including:
- Energy and Climate Change
- Waste and Resources
- Development of tools to engage with customers and stakeholders;
- Using data platforms and tools to enter and extract information;
- Supporting people training and engagement;
- Assisting with preparation of performance reports;
GPT is working towards zero carbon buildings with the aim of a net positive environmental impact in the future. The Environmental Management System will be integral to maintaining all gains achieved in GPT’s key policy areas while developing and implementing strategies that deliver this future.
To make you stand out your skills and experience will ideally meet the below selection criteria;
- Degree in Science or Engineering with a strong understanding of environmental issues, the causes and potential solutions
- An understanding of the drivers and impacts of Climate Change, resource depletion and biodiversity
- Experience in the delivery of waste and recycling programs
- Experience in stakeholder engagement in the sustainability space
- Microsoft Office suite of programs:Word,Excel and Outlook
- Experience in designing and delivery of databases and reporting platforms/dashboard
- Other programs are desirable including Envizi and Tableau
What makes us stand out?
- GPT has been the Dow Jones Sustainability Index’s Global Real Estate Industry Sustainability Leader for four of the past eight years.
- Awarded Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2017-2018 (WGEA)
- “Bring your whole self to work” philosophy through our GPT LGBTI Awareness and Diversity network (GLAD)
- Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, with an established Diversity and Working Group (DIWG)
- Commitment to First Nations Communities in creating positive change and in the broader Australian society, through our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) and Graduate and Intern rotations
- Broad spectrum of diverse and challenging career opportunities available across the organization as well as investment in your personal development and future career aspirations
At GPT, we recognise that providing our people with flexible working options improves our performance, creates opportunities for learning, supports wellbeing and improves our lives outside of work. Our mobile workplace technologies and activity-based work environments make working at GPT what you do, not where you do it. Explore your options to achieve flexibility including: generous paid parental leave, tailored hours and flexible scheduling, career breaks, study leave, compressed hours, remote working and leave purchase plans
GPT is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment.
- See website to to apply for this role.