- Dow Jones Sustainability Index Real Estate Leader
- Newly created position
- Sydney CBD Location
At GPT we are passionate about creating spaces that go beyond the expectations of our investors, customers and communities. We create value through our focus on strategic investment and management of high quality shopping centres, office towers, logistics centres and business parks and proudly own a portfolio of iconic assets across Australia.
Every day we strive to deliver exceptional results to achieve our vision to be the most respected property company in Australia. We do this by empowering our people to take initiative and create innovative solutions. We believe our commitment to invest in you is what strengthens the core of our business and keeps us sustainable, focused and passionate about shaping the future of property in Australia.
The purpose of the Building Performance Engineer is to drive building performance by working with Operations Teams to ensure that desired building conditions are met in the most efficient manner. The role will be an important contributor to GPT maintaining and achieving further energy and water savings.
As Building and Performance Engineer, the key responsibilities of your role will be to;
- Manage and contribute to Building Performance Team which include operations managers, HVAC and BMCS contractors
- Establish and update expected profiles for building performance to maximise efficiency
- Provide support for teams on site (NSW, VIC, QLD and NT) to understand and contribute to establishing, understanding and improving expect profiles
- Building automatic rules and set up alerts and alarms to identify out-of-the-ordinary consumption patterns on the monitoring and reporting platform
- Track, close out and report on the operations teams response to any inefficiencies or leaks identified on the monitoring platform or through performance results
- Assist to identify any opportunities to improve energy and water efficiency
- Assist in the development and maintenance of each properties single line diagrams and asset registers
- Analysis of data integrity and rectification of issues to assists with acccurate reporting
- Contribute to reviews of technologies and assist with utility budget forecasts and target setting
- Undertake and review business cases for efficiency projects
- Assist with the administration and training staff in the use of GPTs environmental accounting platform (envizi)
To make you stand your skills and experience will ideally meet the below selection criteria;
- 5 years experience in building optimisation
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Science or Maths
- A proven track record in improving environmental performance outcomes in property
- A detailed understanding of building operations and energy systems, inparticular lighting, HVAC systems and the factors that impact efficiency and environmental performance
- High proficiency with the use of database and spreadsheet analytical tools / software
- Other programs; Envizi or similar energy and carbon accounting platforms; BMS or submetering data system
What makes us stand out?
- GPT has been the Dow Jones Sustainability Index’s Global Real Estate Industry Sustainability Leader for four of the past eight years.
- Awarded Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2017-2018 (WGEA)
- “Bring your whole self to work” philosophy through our GPT LGBTI Awareness and Diversity network (GLAD)
- Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, with an established Diversity and Working Group (DIWG)
- Commitment to First Nations Communities in creating positive change and in the broader Australian society, through our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) and Graduate and Intern rotations
- Broad spectrum of diverse and challenging career opportunities available across the organization as well as investment in your personal development and future career aspirations
- At GPT, we recognise that providing our people with flexible working options improves our performance, creates opportunities for learning, supports wellbeing and improves our lives outside of work. Our mobile workplace technologies and activity-based work environments make working at GPT what you do, not where you do it. Explore your options to achieve flexibility including: generous paid parental leave, tailored hours and flexible scheduling, career breaks, study leave, compressed hours, remote working and leave purchase plans.
GPT is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment.
- See website to to apply for this role.