- Key member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Flexible work arrangements to support a work/life balance
- Sydney CBD Location
About the role
We are seeking a built environment professional to play a key role in developing, maintaining and delivering technical solutions and services for the current Green Star rating system and oversee the Green Star Certification process.
Reporting to the Head of Market Transformation, you will have the opportunity to influence the strategic and operational direction of GBCA’s Products and Services. You will be responsible for managing the Market Transformation team and their activities with the aim of delivering high quality, consistent and best practice outcomes that increase customer satisfaction with Green Star.
Essential to this role will be providing strong, effective and visible leadership ensuring that your team is motivated and guided to contribute to the realisation of the GBCA’s mission and strategic goals.
This is a full-time role with the option of flexible working arrangements based in our 5 Star Green Star-rated Sydney office, located opposite Hyde Park.
- Assist in the development of the GBCA’s vision, roadmap, and updates to the Green Star rating system;
- Identify new business opportunities and develop business cases to support identified opportunities;
- Represent the GBCA across relevant market and industry engagement opportunities, committees and events;
- Develop budgets and financial targets for areas of responsibility and provide financial reports;
- Update the process and technical development of Green Star and other products;
- Manage service delivery of technical support agreements and stakeholder work shops;
- Direct technical support to projects that are seeking clarification to achieve a Green Star rating;
- Direct the ongoing evolution of certification services in accordance with market feedback and needs;
- Work with GBCA teams to develop strategies for expanding GBCA’s products and services;
- Participate in strategic direction of the GBCA through participation at Senior Leadership Team meetings;
- Ensure direct reports deliver against KPIs and business targets;
- Identify support to ensure team engagement for delivering the development of updated and new rating systems.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferably in a field with the built environment.
- Over 5-7 years built environment experience with a focus on the latest global and domestic sustainability trends.
- Commercial acumen, including awareness of external market conditions and relevant market factors and conditions with experience in engagement, facilitation, and communications.
- Experience leading and managing a team providing support to an evolving organisation
- Strong property industry network
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A ‘customer’ focus with all stakeholders (internal & external)
- Strong time management skills
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Excellent consultancy and presentation skills
- Experience in reporting to an Executive team.
About the Green Building Council of Australia
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. The GBCA employs over 40 staff and its mission is to accelerate the transformation of Australia’s built environment into one that is healthy, liveable, productive, resilient and sustainable. The GBCA works with leading industry members and government to encourage policies and programs that support its mission. The Council educates thousands of people each year on how to design and deliver efficient and sustainable outcomes for Australia’s buildings and communities. And the GBCA operates Australia’s only national, voluntary, holistic rating system for sustainable buildings and communities – Green Star.
Join a motivated and committed team who are passionate about creating sustainable places for everyone. By being part of the GBCA team you can expect a fulfilling and rewarding career through making a difference in transforming the sustainable built environment. The GBCA offers a progressive environment and culture that will support you to learn and develop in your chosen career.
- Mentoring program.
- Professional development through educational assistance.
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work/life balance.
- Social gatherings such as Friday night drinks, birthday celebrations, fundraisers, mid-year and annual events.
- Casual dress Fridays.
- Commitment to a workplace health and safety environment and culture.
How to apply
Please apply through Senior Manager – Technical Solutions (Sustainability) including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager.
Closing date for applications: COB 21 July 2016