- Contribute to positive policy change for the built environment
- Flexible work arrangements to support a work/life balance
- Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra location
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Public Affairs, you will be responsible for positive policy change and building relationships with senior business leaders and government representatives across Australia. You will also work collaboratively across the GBCA to deliver advocacy in a manner complementary with the GBCA’s strategic and operational priorities, events program and sponsor relationships.
The challenge in this role comes with your ability to effectively advocate across a range of complex issues, develop relationships and establish credibility with government and our members.
This is a full-time role that can be based from either Sydney, Canberra or Melbourne and you will be required to travel interstate regularly.
- Influence on issues including: cities and infrastructure, resilience, energy, building regulation, planning and procurement.
- Establish and build relationships with key contacts across governments, industry and academia.
- Engagement across all levels of government to ensure involvement in relevant government policy development.
- Develop evidence based policy and thought leadership that support strategic and policy priorities.
- Identify, develop and implement policy campaigns at all levels of government.
- Representing the GBCA at speaking engagements, conferences and events.
Required skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field such as politics or sustainable development.
- Over 5 years direct experience in government or advocacy related positions.
- Exceptional communicator, both verbal and written communication.
- Adept at listening to others and using judgment to adjust communication style.
- Autonomous and proactive to plan and prioritise tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong networking skills and the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Flexible to adjust to changing conditions and demands.
- Results focussed and strong attention to detail.
Join a motivated and committed team who are passionate about creating healthy, positive places for everyone. By being part of the GBCA team you can expect a fulfilling and rewarding career helping to build a sustainable future. The GBCA offers a progressive environment and culture that will support you to learn and develop in your chosen career.
- Mentoring program
- Educational assistance program
- Employee of the Quarter (GBCA Star Award)
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work/life balance
The GBCA was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. We are an industry association committed to developing buildings, cities and communities that are productive, liveable, healthy, resilient and sustainable. As part of our core business:
- We certify the sustainability of buildings and communities through Australia’s only national, voluntary, holistic rating system – Green Star.
- We educate industry and government practitioners and decision-makers and promote green building programs, technologies, design practices and operations.
- We advocate for the sustainable transformation of the built environment.
The GBCA represents over 650 members from across the property industry and including 44 local governments, 26 state government departments and land organisations, and 18 universities.
We employ over 40 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our collaborative and flexible team works across Australia.
How to apply
Please apply through Seek including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager.
Closing date for applications: COB 16 November 2017