- Contract role
- Work nationally to develop the way forward for sustainable residential development in Australia
- Engage with industry and government to identify and develop opportunities
- Great opportunity to establish the business model to support this initiative
About the role
Are you great at engaging with both private and public sector stakeholders? Can you filter conversations to identify opportunities and develop a vision for the sustainable transformation of the residential sector in Australia? Would you relish the opportunity to develop the business model needed to support the vision?
Reporting to the Head of Market Engagement, you will be responsible for the growth and development of the existing stakeholder base to support this initiative. In addition to identifying key initiatives that could be adopted or developed to support our aim of transforming the Australian residential sector you will be putting funding in place, creating a strategy for transformation, working with others to develop a governance structure if required, identifying business opportunities and future initiatives.
This is a full-time contract role, for a period of 1 year with the possibility of extension. If you are interested in a role that offers flexible working arrangements and are located along the east coast of Australia, we would like to hear from you.
- Identify key opportunities (established and new) to drive sustainable outcomes for the residential sector and develop an activation plan.
- Develop a business model for the resourcing and operation of the activation plan.
- Procure funding and sponsorships ensuring the initiatives will be viable for the first three years.
- Develop a governance structure if required.
- Represent the GBCA across strategically aligned opportunities eg media representation, speaking engagements, board room lunches.
- Act as a spokespersons for the GBCA and represent at industry events, and committees focused on residential sector.
- Work with our Head of Finance to provide timely and accurate financial reporting for your areas of responsibility.
- Host selected GBCA events and present to the Board if required.
- Ensure that the GBCA and its mission, programs, activities and services are consistently presented in strong, positive images to all stakeholders.
- Work with all team members and assist them in contributing to the realisation of the GBCA’s mission and strategic goals.
Required skills and experience
- Relevant degree level qualification
- Relevant experience and insights into the residential sector
- Commercial acumen, including awareness of external market conditions and relevant political factors with experience in industry and government relations
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A ‘customer’ focus with all stakeholders (internal & external)
- Strong time management skills
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Excellent consultancy and presentation skills
- Experience in reporting to an Executive team and/or Board
About the Green Building Council of Australia
The GBCA is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. The GBCA employs over 40 staff and its mission is to accelerate the transformation of Australia’s built environment into one that is healthy, liveable, productive, resilient and sustainable. The GBCA works with leading industry members and government to encourage policies and programs that support its mission. The Council educates thousands of people each year on how to design and deliver efficient and sustainable outcomes for Australia’s buildings and communities. And the GBCA operates Australia’s only national, voluntary, holistic rating system for sustainable buildings and communities – Green Star.
Join a motivated and committed team who are passionate about creating sustainable places for everyone. By being part of the GBCA team you can expect a fulfilling and rewarding career through making a difference in transforming the sustainable built environment. The GBCA offers a progressive environment and culture that will support you to learn and develop in your chosen career.
- Mentoring program.
- Professional development through educational assistance.
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work/life balance.
- Commitment to a workplace health and safety environment and culture.
How to apply
Please apply through SEEK including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager.
Closing date for applications: COB 7 September 2016