- Influence the strategic direction of the GBCA
- Exposure to our widely recognised and highly respected Board of Directors
- Flexible work arrangements to support a work/life balance
- Sydney CBD Location
About the role
This is a high level role, requiring someone who is results driven, has strong commercial business acumen and can drive organisational growth. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be a key member of the Senior Leadership team and have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction of the GBCA. You will attend GBCA Board meetings where you will interact with our widely recognised and highly respected Board of Directors.
Essential to this role will be providing strong, effective and visible leadership to the Professional Development, Events and Sponsorship teams. You will ensure that your team is motivated and guided to contribute to the realisation of the GBCA’s mission and strategic goals.
As part of this role you will represent the GBCA and become a familiar face in the industry through representing GBCA, hosting member evenings, participating in industry events and other events as required.
This is a full-time role with the option of flexible working arrangements based in our 5 Star Green Star-rated Sydney office, located opposite Hyde Park.
- Developing a commercial plan for professional development and events;
- Identify and develop new relationships and build upon existing relationships;
- Represent the GBCA across strategically aligned opportunities;
- Develop the function into a commercial business unit, servicing members while growing revenue;
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting of areas of responsibility;
- Build positive and beneficial relationships with key stakeholders;
- Identify and manage strategic partnerships with key stakeholders;
- Provide strategic management of GBCA / PCA ‘Green Cities’ events and sponsorship offerings;
- Spokespersons for the GBCA and represent at industry events;
- Host selected GBCA events and Boardroom luncheons;
- Engage and represent the GBCA with C-suite executives;
- Actively participate in the strategic direction and decision making of the GBCA;
- Support and drive risk management approaches;
- Ensure our mission, programs, activities and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to all stakeholders;
- Support direct reports ensuring they manage and engage their teams to deliver against KPIs.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Communications or Marketing.
- Over 10 years management experience including the implementation and management of Events.
- Commercial acumen, including awareness of external market conditions.
- Experience leading and managing a team providing support to an evolving organisation
- Strong property industry network
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A ‘customer’ focus with all stakeholders (internal & external)
- Strong time management skills
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Excellent consultancy and presentation skills
- Experience in reporting to an Executive team and/or Board
About the Green Building Council of Australia
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. The GBCA employs over 40 staff and its mission is to accelerate the transformation of Australia’s built environment into one that is healthy, liveable, productive, resilient and sustainable. The GBCA works with leading industry members and government to encourage policies and programs that support its mission. The Council educates thousands of people each year on how to design and deliver efficient and sustainable outcomes for Australia’s buildings and communities. And the GBCA operates Australia’s only national, voluntary, holistic rating system for sustainable buildings and communities – Green Star.
Join a motivated and committed team who are passionate about creating sustainable places for everyone. By being part of the GBCA team you can expect a fulfilling and rewarding career through making a difference in transforming the sustainable built environment. The GBCA offers a progressive environment and culture that will support you to learn and develop in your chosen career.
- Mentoring program.
- Professional development through educational assistance.
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work/life balance.
- Social gatherings such as Friday night drinks, birthday celebrations, fundraisers, mid-year and annual events.
- Casual dress Fridays.
- Commitment to a workplace health and safety environment and culture.
How to apply
Please apply through SEEK including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager.
Closing date for applications: COB 8 September 2016