- Provide high level communications and strategic support for our CEO and Executive team
- Australia’s leading authority of sustainable buildings and communities
- Amazing Sydney Barangaroo location
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. Our purpose is to lead the sustainable transformation of Australia’s built environment. We employ over 40 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our flexible team works across Australia. For more information on how the GBCA is transforming the built environment please refer to our website www.gbca.org.au.
Your new role
Reporting to the CEO and Head of Public Affairs you will provide high level communications and strategic support to the CEO and Executive team. You will liaise internally and externally with senior stakeholders and have the ability to identify and develop key messages and prioritise opportunities to support the CEO and Executive in the delivery of the GBCA’s strategic plan.
Your challenge in this role comes with proactively anticipating the communication needs of our CEO and Executive, knowing where their time is best placed to ensure maximum impact and ensuring they are effectively utilised.
This is a part-time role, working 2 days per week based in our Sydney headquarters.
- You will prepare briefing notes, speech notes, letters, emails or reports.
- You will seek opportunities such as thought leadership article, interviews and media engagement.
- You will support our board in the delivery of communications activity on behalf of the GBCA.
- You will source technical information, statistics and quotes to be used for business development activities.
- You will prepare internal presentations for the CEO and Executive team such as Senior Leadership Team meetings and staff briefings.
- You will assist with CEO board reports and associated presentations.
Your skills and experience
- You have tertiary qualifications in a related field such as journalism, communications or executive management.
- You have over 5 years’ experience in the strategic management of a senior executive.
- You have exceptional communicator, both verbal and written communication.
- You have high level consultancy and presentation skills.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Join a motivated and committed team who are passionate about creating healthy, positive places for everyone. By joining the GBCA team you can expect a fulfilling and rewarding career helping to build a sustainable future. The GBCA offers a creative and visionary environment and culture that will support you to learn and develop in your chosen career.
- Mentoring Program and Educational Assistance Program
- Employee of the Quarter (GBCA Star Award)
- Flexible Working Arrangements, Activity Based Working with Sit to Stand desks
- Complementary Fruit and Snacks and quarterly staff lunches
How to apply
Please apply through Seek including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager.
Closing date for applications: COB 5 July 2018.
For more information and a copy of the position description please contact Anna Hendricks on Ph: 02 8239 6200.
We aim to create a diverse work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We are also proud to have a Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan, acknowledging the proud heritage of Australia’s first people and working towards a reconciled Australia. We recognise the value Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace and welcome applications from the Indigenous community.