2018 is an exciting year for our not for profit social enterprise. We’re growing from one planet saving enterprise to two.
First, there’s Garage Sale Trail. The fire-breathing Godzilla of all things reuse and garage sales, this program sees over 380,000 Australians get involved in a weekend of garage sales every year. It’s a people-powered movement in the name of reuse, sustainable living and community building and digital is at its heart.
Then there’s Grow It Local. It’s a new initiative that will be rolled out in late 2018. It’s all about creating a community of backyard, balcony and windowsill farmers. Growing food connects us to nature, improves our diet and connects us to our neighbours. Bring it on…
About the role
We’re seeking a Digital Campaign Manager to work across these two sustainability and community engagement programs from our lovely, leafy Surry Hills offices. This is a Permanent Part Time ( 3 – 4 days a week) role.
This role will supercharge digital campaign activities with a view to increasing web traffic, followers on social media channels and community participation in our two planet saving, good-time programs. You’ll enable the community and our partners to get the most out of their involvement and change the world one garage sale, and one veggie patch at a time.
Working alongside a highly experienced Head Of Digital and with a designer in your team you will lead the roll-out and execution of the two campaigns across all digital channels including website, EDMs, paid and organic social media, website, SEO, and more in order to drive participant acquisition and conversion and spread the sustainability message.
This is a hands-on and excuse the cliché but a fast paced role that spans:
- Planning, scheduling and managing online advertising including across Facebook and Google Adwords
- Creating anything and everything content – words, images and video for use in blogs, social media and website
- Creation and scheduling of regular e-newsletters to different participant segments that bring our programs to life – experience of MailChimp or similar a must
- Community management of social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) and website
- Analysis and optimisation of all digital marketing activities
- Management of the Graphic Designer
- This is an opportunity for someone who wants to get smack bang in the middle of two big national campaigns that involve a lot of people, see a high level of engagement, a purpose that binds us together and with multiple digital channels that are ripe to be developed.
Our dream candidate will be passionate about digital and sustainability, with a fearlessness to try new things, get stuck in and make a difference.
Here’s some of things we’re looking for:
- Prior experience originating and promoting digital content across multiple channels (social, EDMs, websites)
- A good understanding of customer lifecycle marketing, segmentation and testing strategies
- Familiarity with HTML and Content Management Systems
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to use, understand and act on data insights
- Ripping verbal and written communication skills so your voice is heard in our vocal team
- Ability to plan, execute, and juggle multiple projects (web, social, email)
To apply, send your resume and a short email telling us a little about yourself, what you’ve done and what you’re hoping to get out of your next role to mailto:email@example.com by Wednesday 6 June.