- Social, supportive, flexible work environment in a beachside or city location
- Instrumental in introducing new services to grow the business.
- Make your mark and grow your career
About the company
Efficient Living is a long-established and highly respected boutique consultancy based in Narrabeen with a new city office to open soon.
Efficient Living is widely known as Sydney’s “go to” sustainability experts in the large scale multi-residential market. Our services and advice are relied upon by policymakers, software developers, architects and property developers. We also partner with many multi-disciplinary engineering firms. We attribute our success to a high level of customer service, in-depth knowledge and practical solutions.
About the role
- Project Delivery Focus
- Mentor and training
- Buildable solutions
- Sustainability Mindset
- Excellent outcomes
- Project Profitable
- New Service Development
Reporting to the COO with a dotted line to the MD, this role is responsible for establishing and implementing new services in your area/s of expertise (options include GreenStar, NABERS WELL, Passive House, Daylight and Solar access studies and Building Services Engineering). Manage the Commercial Consulting Teams, focusing on exceptional service delivery and project profitability for our broad range of clients from major builders to architects.
This senior position will suit someone who has mastered project delivery and client management and can lead a team of dedicated professionals to deliver best in class Sustainability solutions.
- Solution focussed – finding the best outcomes for our clients
- Embracing new technologies and leading the way for the building sustainability industry
- Manage the Commercial Consulting Teams with a focus on exceptional service delivery and project profitability
- Develop new services, options include; (e.g. Green Star, NABERS, WELL, Passive House, Daylight and Solar access studies or Building Services Engineering);
- Keeping abreast of policy, planning and technology to present innovative yet buildable recommendations to our clients
- Managing and presenting to clients as well as stakeholders at all levels
- Selling services to clients where applicable
- Assessing and reporting on project risks
- Ensuring clients are being delivered practical, buildable and well-costed solutions
- Managing project, portfolio budgets and workflows
- Leading and mentoring the consultancy teams
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining process and procedure to ensure an exceptional client experience.
- Fostering a fun and collaborative culture within your teams and the organisation.
- Perform project QA and 6-monthly service compliance reviews and signing off on reports
- System and process improvement experience and mentality (will be highly regarded but not essential)
- 5 years + in Sustainability Consultancy focused around the construction industry
- A degree in environmental or building services engineering (or related qualification)
- Experience using sustainability modelling/wellness rating tools
- Experience in technical design documentation and reporting.
- Ability to lead teams and encourage continual professional growth
- Experience quoting projects, coordinating workflow and ensure service profitability
- Proven ability to manage projects and coordinate work deadlines
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills and an ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Highly organised and motivated with a can-do attitude
- Ability to establish the framework, objectives and targets in order to manage a team to KPIs
To nail this role:
You will have experience delivering similar ESD/construction projects with a high level of initiative and strategic thinking, exceptional client management, effective problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
Why we are a GREAT place to work:
- We are an employee-focused organisation that run to benefit our staff
- Flexible working hours and location (near the beach, the city or your home), full or part-time options; and
- A strong focus on staff wellbeing and work-life balance
- A lively, social work culture with regular events and team activities.
To apply, email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org