Consult Australia is THE industry association that represents the business interests of consulting firms operating in the built and natural environment (engineers, architects, project managers, quantity surveyors etc).
We exist to improve the business environment for our member firms by offering a large range of products and services to help them run their business, as well as lobbying governments on their behalf to improve their operating environment.
At Consult Australia, you will work autonomously as part of a community of professionals and enjoy a respectful, friendly and flexible culture that rewards hard work. We are a small non-profit organisation without a lot of bureaucracy so people can take ownership – literally. A high-performing organisation, you will be inspired by working with experienced professionals whilst working on a diverse range of interesting projects.
Consult Australia is looking for an energetic, motivated and positive person to take on the role of Qld State Manager and run the activities in the State.
This autonomous position provides a rare opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated candidate to demonstrate their capability in both strategy and execution in advocacy, marketing, events management and membership growth.
In this challenging and multi-faceted role, you will report to the CEO/Division Operations Manager and be an integral part of the broader Consult Australia team. You will have the opportunity to be the voice of our Qld Division with the media, politicians and other key stakeholders, effect positive change, and build the brand and strength of Consult Australia in Qld. You will be required to have flexible approach to working out of office hours on occasion.
The successful candidate will experience a rewarding role with variety, autonomy and flexibility within a supportive corporate culture.
This is a big role and will require a no nonsense candidate.
Being in such an autonomous role is both an advantage and a responsibility. The advantage is that you can help set the agenda and drive activity. You will need to take responsibility to deliver outcomes across a broad range of performance areas.
You will need to demonstrate experience in public policy and advocacy, as well as event management across a range of events. You will need strong marketing knowledge and the ability and confidence to sell sponsorship and membership packages.
You will also be:
- Proactive and self-motivated. You will have enjoyed working in an unstructured environment where you are able to recognise what needs to be done to achieve results and proactively motivate and manage yourself to achieve these results. You demonstrate sound judgement and a common sense approach. You have a glass-half-full attitude.
- Results driven and accountable. You will be highly goal oriented and have had experience successfully managing and meeting financial and non-financial targets. You want to be held accountable for successes and failures. You share the credit and take the blame.
- Highly organised – this is a varied and very busy role, and you will need to be able to juggle many balls at once.
- Tenacious and persistent. You will have demonstrated success winning despite challenges. You can think around roadblocks. You can stretch a shoestring budget.
- Able to grasp complex issues. Our membership is made up of highly intelligent, successful business owners who face complex issues. In order to win them over, and advocate on their behalf you must demonstrate your understanding of their issues.
- Likable/personable with a high level of emotional intelligence. A must to fit in with our small, diverse and highly dynamic team.
- Very professional in presentation.
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing. You are a no nonsense person and a straight talker who is personable but direct. You write clearly, concisely, and compellingly. A tough but fair negotiator.
- A team player. You work collaboratively with others and willing to assist when you see an opportunity to help a colleague‘s performance. You share information, address conflict professionally and fulfil commitments. You recognise that we are a team and take the time to support colleagues to make everyone stronger.
- Innovative. You are a lateral thinker who can visualise and sell different approaches and solutions.
Some of the key projects, events and activities include:
- Developing and leading substantive public policy agendas and campaigns on issues of interest to Consult Australia members in Qld;
- Fostering strategic alliances and partnerships with government bodies, professional associations and wider industry stakeholders to build capability and profile;
- Engaging and representing Consult Australia members;
- Actively recruiting new members;
- Events administration including concept, logistics including speakers, location management;
- Market and increase attendance at all State events;
- Actively source sponsorship;
- Managing the day to day running of the Qld Division, including financial management & admin;
- Database, website and social media administration.
- Managing Young Professional (FutureNet) Events; and
- Organising and developing member and non-member communications, including newsletters.
To apply for this position please send your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org