We are looking for a fun, driven and passionate person to join our fast-paced and exciting Edtech start-up. The role will be coordinating our ClimateClever Schools Program and developing partnerships to expand and deliver the program nationally. The candidate will be responsible for setting up new systems and processes to manage new and existing relationships (i.e. schools, local governments and other strategic partners), as well as recruiting new schools to join The ClimateClever Initiative. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in strategic decision-making to help guide the future direction of our growing startup.
The successful candidate will be interested in working in a funky enviro/tech start-up that has the bold vision to change the world! The candidate will be a creative, independent and autonomous person, eager to learn, as well as lead, and passionate about making a difference. Your outgoing personality will help to inspire and encourage more schools to join our innovative new App-based program.
You will be given the freedom and independence to think strategically and implement innovative new systems to manage our growing client base, inform the delivery of our current program, as well as feeding into our growth strategy. Tasks and duties include:
- Managing the delivery of the innovative new ClimateClever program nationally, including: onboarding new schools; tracking school progress with the App; regularly liaising with participating schools; providing online-, phone-, and in person support to participating schools; organising Quarterly group Meetups with all schools across the country (online and in person); collating App feedback from schools and liaising with the tech team;
- Customer relationship management – working with our CRM software (Hubspot) to manage our existing clients (schools, local governments, other partners and key contacts);
- Managing our sales pipeline including responding to and managing leads (those who register interest online) and contacting new and existing key stakeholders i.e. Catholic Education, science networks, progressive local governments etc;
- Organising/coordinating information sessions and workshops about the ClimateClever program across the country (these will be delivered together with the CC team);
- Creating and maintaining our Mailing Lists;
- Contributing to newsletters, blogs and assisting with social media content.
Skills & Qualifications:
We are looking for a candidate with project management experience, preferably with qualifications and experience in teaching, though not essential. A background in STEM and/or sustainability and/or some knowledge and experience in delivering innovative, technology-based programs in schools an advantage. Previous sales experience highly desirable. Other required skills and competencies include:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional organisational skills;
- Exceptional relationship building skills;
- Effective and efficient time management;
- Exceptional technical skills and knowledge in digital software/programs;
- Ability to learn and pick up things quickly;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be proactive;
- Willingness to learn and grow!
- Familiarity with software systems (Hubspot a bonus)
- Ability to use excel
What you will get
- The chance to apply your teaching knowledge and expertise to a fast growing environmental/tech startup;
- The opportunity to try new approaches in a safe and supportive environment;
- The ability to work from home and enjoy flexible hours;
- Opportunities to travel;
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic, fun and supportive team from across the country.
The ClimateClever team helped to certify the first carbon neutral school in Australia back in 2012. Since then, they have been on a mission to help more schools take action on climate change. The program was launched nationally in January 2018, but was developed based on years of research and pilots. The ClimateClever Initiative is underpinned by new innovative, data-driven and evidence-based software that enables schools and their communities to measure, compare, manage and reduce their carbon footprint and utility costs while educating, upskilling and empowering the next generation to become leaders in creating a low carbon future. ClimateClever is a social enterprise and gives 10% of its profits back to schools in disadvantaged communities.
We are a small team of five – all very passionate about making a difference. We have initially targeted schools as they provide an exceptional opportunity to create significant societal change. In Spring this year, we are super excited about launching our home version of the ClimateClever App to broaden our impact. In 2020, we also will be releasing a small business version.
ClimateClever is based in Fremantle, WA. The successful candidate will be based in Sydney and will enjoy flexible hours. Some travel is involved with this position.
Type of Employment:
This is a full-time role. Annual base salary will be $70K plus 5% commission per school recruited.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Dr Vanessa Rauland at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you’re a good fit for our startup, what you could bring to this role and what you would look forward to most. Applications close 16th Oct 2019. https://www.climateclever.org/national-coordinator.html