- 1 x Permanent Full Time, 2 x Term Contract Full Time to June 2025
- $109,224 per annum plus Superannuation
- Option to work under a 19-day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 – developing a green, global and connected city.
The City of Sydney’s Sustainable Sydney 2030 Plan provides a vision for a green, global and connected city. A key strategic direction within the Plan is for Sydney to be a leading environmental performer including the ambitious target of net zero carbon emissions by 2035. We are a team of sustainability professionals looking for high performing individuals to join us and help us realise this vision.
We have three Sustainability Engagement Coordinator roles available. Each Coordinator will be responsible for developing, delivering and evaluating programs, services and actions that facilitate the improved environmental performance of buildings within the City of Sydney, in line with Sustainable Sydney 2030, the City’s environmental strategy and sector action plans.
We are looking for three Coordinators to lead the following three programs:
- Better Buildings Partnership – a collaboration of leading property owners driving a sustainable transformation of the commercial office sector;
- CitySwitch National and CitySwitch Sydney – a national program that works with office based businesses to embed sustainable action;
- Smart Green Apartments – an engagement program supporting owners corporations to rate the environmental performance of apartment buildings, reduce energy and water consumption, reduce waste and improve asset management, governance and resilience in high density communities.
The focus of all of these programs is to build capacity and accelerate action to reduce carbon emissions, water consumption and reduce waste to landfill in line with City of Sydney targets. We are looking for highly skilled professionals with the following skills:
- Develop, deliver and evaluate strategic programs to achieve better environmental performance
- Engage with stakeholders to promote continued participation and engagement in the City’s sustainability programs
- Develop communication materials that build capacity and enable environmental action
- Drive advocacy on relevant policy and legislation that support environmental outcomes
- Use best practice project management principles to deliver result
- Use City policies and procedures
If you are a collaborative, data lead, results-oriented sustainability professional we would love for you to apply. In order to apply, please include a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position as well as confirmation as to which particular vacancy you’re applying for.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on the ‘Apply’ button or visit www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/careers to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the “Essential Criteria Response” field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a pre-employment health declaration.
Position descriptions: Click each position below to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City’s website by 11:59pm, Tuesday 15th June 2021.
For further information contact: Melinda Dewsnap, Acting Manager Sustainability Programs on 9246 7761.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage all applicants, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, LGBTIQ and culturally diverse communities to join Council.
The City will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 02 9265 9333 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email or phone).