- $89,674 plus 10% Superannuation
- Maximum Term Contract up until 30 June 2022
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting to the Energy Innovation Lead, you will be responsible for providing project support to the Zero Carbon City team, with a particular focus on the delivery of emissions reduction projects, carbon reporting (corporate and community); and innovative energy projects, to enable the city to mitigate the causes of climate change.
Within this role, you will be required to manage the delivery of City of Melbourne’s corporate and community wide emissions profiles; monitor and evaluate City of Melbourne’s Climate Change Mitigation Strategy and Emissions Reduction Plan; and conduct reporting of sustainability performance to international partners including Global Covenant of Mayors, C40 and CDP. In addition you will be required to support the Zero Carbon City team on the development and implementation of innovative energy efficiency renewable energy, and battery storage projects across the organisation and in the community.
Strong analytical, communication, problem solving, and relationship building, and stakeholder management skills will be required to critical to your success.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in public policy, environment, sustainability, economics or engineering.
- Demonstrated understanding of renewable energy technologies, energy markets, and barriers to accelerated uptake of renewable energy.
- Relevant professional experience and applied knowledge of corporate and community carbon reporting frameworks and accounting methodologies.
- Strong written (reports, briefing papers) and oral communication skills (including presentation skills) and the ability to communicate technical information with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex problems and projects requiring conceptual capacity and creative thinking.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
To apply for this position please visit the City of Melbourne career page, link below:
Please address your covering letter to Liam Henderson, Energy Innovation Lead.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Wednesday 01 September 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.