At Buildings Alive, we are passionate about making the built environment more sustainable. We provide automated daily feedback and technical analysis to optimise the energy and environmental performance of large, complex facilities. We work with leading property owners, operators and technical specialists across hundreds of office towers, shopping centres, academic buildings, laboratories and other complex facilities throughout Australia, Europe and the United States. Visit our website to find out more.
The Customer Success Engineer helps our customers solve difficult, real-world problems and implement our technologies to help them reduce their energy costs and carbon emissions. This role may become involved during the customer acquisition and on-boarding process, but its main focus is ongoing customer success.
Working as a senior member of our Customer Engagement Team (Building Systems Engineers etc), the role will oversee our customers’ continued success and retention while improving the internal processes we use to deliver this success. A successful result will mean our customers are achieving their energy and environmental goals, they are saving energy and money, and our coverage of sites and impact is expanding.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with our portfolio customers to ensure alignment of our energy performance improvement capabilities with our customers’ corporate sustainability priorities;
- Assisting our clients’ building operations staff with utilising our technologies for the identification and implementation of efficiency improvement opportunities;
- Creatively analysing the environmental performance of our clients’ buildings;
- Collaborating with our clients’ building operations staff and facilitating ‘peer to peer’ dialogue;
- Understanding and capturing our customers’ needs, coming up with innovative solutions and feeding those into our product development process;
- Working with our customers to increase our coverage and impact on across sites in their portfolios.
As the business grows, there is the opportunity for this role to be promoted in various directions depending on the candidate’s strength’s and preferences. This may include management, business development and domain expertise roles.
Sydney CBD is the preferred location for this role although the team works from home for 50%+ of the time. Other Australia locations will be considered. This is a full-time position and a competitive annual salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered.
Benefits and perks
We offer a range of benefits including:
- Remote working (we have a Sydney CBD office which is used part time by most staff, however we are open to employing someone in a non-Sydney location. Australian time zones would be preferred)
- A global customer base with the opportunity for some domestic and international travel (when travel restrictions allow)
- Tools of trade (laptop/workstation + mobile/mobile service supplied)
- Quarterly team/social events and an annual team retreat (typically in/around Sydney)
- Annual performance and remuneration review
- Career development and growth opportunities including an annual learning and development allowance
- Employee share scheme (subject to qualification)
Desired Skills and Experience
Since this is a cross-functional role, the right person could come from a variety of backgrounds. However significant experience in energy management in the large facility domain is essential. The list below is a guide to skills & experience that will be held in high regard:
- A graduate degree in a relevant discipline e.g. Engineering, IT, Design, Business
- Experience in one or more of the following domains:
- Energy Management at a facility, campus or portfolio level
- Energy Auditing, Energy Modelling and Data Analysis
- Energy Industry experience (Electricity generation, distribution, retailing)
- Sustainability experience in property portfolios
- Property / Asset Management
- Building Automation and Analytics experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Customer consulting experience
- Ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities, respond promptly and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Ability to break down complex problems and resolve them through customer consultation and execution.
- A data-driven approach to service delivery quality management
- A business analyst approach to analysing and improving workflows and systems.
- A product management approach to identifying customer problems and communicating solutions – internally and externally.
- Other relevant experience:
- Experience working with a Software as a Service company
- Account Management experience in a business-to-business software / technology environment
- Business Intelligence / Data Science analysis skills
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org