Buildings Alive works at the intersection of data science, building science and behaviour science and our team is recognised for its deep expertise in assessing, fine-tuning, predicting and communicating building performance.
Our customers include many of the world’s leading property and technology companies, and we work across Australia, North America and Europe to help them analyse and optimise the environmental performance of their largest and most complex buildings.Our culture is friendly and results-oriented and we are now seeking to expand our engineering team to enhance our service delivery.
Visit our website to find out more: https://www.buildingsalive.com
We are looking for an Engineer with a background in building services, energy efficiency, analysis and control systems to join our Sydney-based engineering team. You will work with some of the world’s most efficient and technologically sophisticated buildings to further improve their energy and resource efficiency. You will join a team that is responsible for:
- assisting our clients’ building operations staff with the identification and implementation of efficiency improvement opportunities – particularly focussed on helping fine-tune existing systems (such as the building’s BMS)
- developing and implementing technology to collect data from building automation systems
- creatively analysing the environmental performance of our clients’ buildings
- collaborating with our clients’ building operations staff and facilitating ‘peer to peer’ dialogue
- R&D to continually enhance our automated energy and water analytics platform. This will involve working with our research scientists and engineers to develop new data aggregation and analysis technologies.
The role is based in Sydney CBD and involves periodic interstate and international travel.
It is a full time position (though part-time will be considered) and a competitive annual salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered.
Desired Skills and Experience
You will need to be creative, energetic and have an outgoing personality to succeed in this role. It is essential that you’re able to work productively with minimal supervision, facilitate collaboration and be a person that people from all walks of life would want to work with. Ideally, you will have a background that also includes some of the following:
- a thorough understanding of relationships between building design elements, mechanical systems, BMS strategies and energy performance gained through experience in the design, construction, commissioning and/or operation of building services, particularly HVAC and controls systems
- some familiarity and experience with Linux operating systems, scripting languages and software coding.
- experience or interest in energy auditing, energy modelling and data analysis
- a sound practical knowledge of BMS control systems and familiarity with common automation protocols (e.g. BACnet, Modbus, LON)
- hands-on experience with BMS integration projects. Experience with JACE integrations would be desirable, but is not essential.
In addition, you will likely have tertiary qualifications in relevant engineering or scientific disciplines, or a field related to the built environment.
Above all, we are looking for engineers to who will add to our creative and supportive culture and be excited by the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the built environment.
If this sounds like you, please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com