The Australian Supply Chain Sustainability School, a growing for-purpose organisation, recognises that the market for a more environmentally and socially conscious construction sector is larger than ever. Established in 2015, their purpose is to increase education on sustainability across the construction and infrastructure supply chains. They are providers of free online learning, as well as face-to-face training and information sessions for contractors, suppliers and service providers.
Funded and supported by leading construction and infrastructure companies, our client has also worked with organisations such as the Property Council of Australia and Engineers Australia. They have an ongoing commitment to lead the construction industry towards a more sustainable future.
The School has gone through a period of sustained growth and they are seeking a CEO to continue improving the governance of the organisation and position them for the next phase of financial and strategic growth. There are three focus areas for the role; namely:
- Internal – finance, governance, strategy and structure
- External – presentations, branding, marketing and partner engagement
- Content – development of new training modules
The CEO’s responsibilities will include:
- Executing the current workplan and establishing the workplan for the next financial year
- Building relationships with key partners, members and stakeholders
- Engaging with the Advisory Board, Marketing Committee and Audit Committee
- Leading a small diverse team
- Attending industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and providing feedback and information on trends
The successful applicant will be able to exercise judgment and prioritise their accountabilities in this fast-paced environment. You will thrive in an environment that is constantly changing and evolving to increase the impact of supply chains globally.
Ideally, you are:
- Intellectual and driven, with the ability to work autonomously
- Able to quickly establish credibility and build relationships with senior decision makers in the construction industry
- Capable of leveraging the expertise contained within the various Boards supporting the School
- Passionate about sustainability
- Strong knowledge of the construction or infrastructure sectors and/ or supply chain
- Experience leading an organisation through a maturation and change process.
This is an amazing opportunity to be leading on one of the growth areas globally over the next few years. There is an awakening in terms of the impact, both positive and negative, that stems from an organisation’s supply chain. This role will have you working at the leading edge of supply chain change and with $100B of proposed sustainability infrastructure projects in Australia, the opportunity to generate massive social and economic outcome is at hand.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans on 0431 414 883 or apply by sending a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with Subject: CEO SCSS