Atelier Ten Melbourne is looking to recruit a full-time Environmental Designer, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in ESD, building science, or a closely related building design field. We seek someone who can think beyond their own discipline, and is willing to contribute to collaborative problem solving in an inter-disciplinary environment. We encourage the design of highly innovative and sustainable architectural and building services solutions that incorporate a mix of technologies.
As such, we are looking for someone to consult on and manage projects, based on experience and capability, under the direction of an Associate Director. The Designer is accountable for successful project delivery, including, but not limited to: supporting client and design community relationships, participation in meetings, supporting or leading design charrettes, technical analysis, excellent written and verbal team communication, reporting, and budget and time management. The Designer is also responsible for authoring project deliverables such as reports, memos, technical studies, graphic illustrations and drawings on topics including daylighting, energy and water use, sustainable materials, and more.
You will be proactive, self-motivated, responsible across multiple projects, excited to learn new things and passionate about sharing your skills and knowledge across the company. In return, Atelier Ten offers a competitive salary, excellent opportunities for career growth, training opportunities, international work exposure, and active involvement in the design process: we offer the freedom to contribute ideas and make a clear personal difference, which is not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to environmental building design, architecture, building services engineering, and/ or building science
- 2+ years’ professional experience in an architecture or sustainability consulting firm
- Demonstrated skills in computer and hand drawing
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, and good writing skills
- Good verbal and inter-personal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign), and Rhino.
- Appropriate work visa status
Qualified candidates ideally possess:
- Experience with some proficiency in environmental analysis tools such as IES, EnergyPlus, Grasshopper, Ladybug/Honeybee and other building zoo apps, Radiance, and Daysim.
- Experience in Green Star consulting. Preference will be given to candidates who are Green Star AP.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to Melbourne@atelierten.com. Please reference “Melbourne Environmental Designer” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.
Please visit our website at www.atelierten.com for additional firm information.