- Influence the sustainability outcomes for once in a lifetime city shaping projects
- Develop your design thinking skills to drive solutions that will move projects forward
- Flexible work options
- Permanent roles based in Sydney and Melbourne with a national focus
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Sustainability Consultant to join our growing, national Sustainability team.
You will be a key member of the Sustainability team in providing high-level sustainability consultancy services and in developing the market sector, particularly with consultancy to key government and corporate clients.
Your role will include:
- Proactively delivering and managing the timely delivery of quality sustainability advisory services, project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, exceeding client expectations;
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to improve sustainability outcomes for projects;
- Working in collaboration with other design teams and disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design;
- Gaining awareness of, and familiarity with, the commercial aspects of projects to develop commercial skills;
- Working across other teams and offices in order to resource projects and utilise technical skill sets;
- Developing circular economy and life-cycle analysis strategies;
- Delivering sustainability ratings on buildings and infrastructure projects – Green Star, ISCA, WELL, Living Building Challenge; and
- Help to develop and grow sustainability advisory services and offerings, including buildings and infrastructure sustainability.
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in a Sustainability / ESD related discipline or recognised tertiary qualifications in a related engineering discipline with Sustainability / ESD experience;
- 5-8 years relevant industry and sustainability experience in a consulting, private industry or a government environment;
- Broad experience in sustainability including ESD/building sustainability, infrastructure sustainability, sustainability master planning / precinct scale development, corporate sustainability and/ or climate change;
- Technical skills and experience dynamic thermal and energy modelling software (IES is an advantage) and other sustainability modelling ( LCAs, climate change assessments);
- Proven experience in strategic advisory;
- Project management and business development (internal and external) experience would be highly regarded;
- Have existing contacts and networks within the field of sustainability, carbon and climate change, with the ability to leverage these contacts in the development of further business;
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills; and
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies (including ISCA IS Accredited Professional and GBCA Green Star Accredited Professional).
The following certifications are preferred but are not mandatory:
- Green Star Accredited Professional with demonstrated experience in applying the Green Star Rating tool
- Accreditation as an Infrastructure Sustainability Accredited Professional with demonstrated experience in applying the IS Rating tool
Who are we?
Arcadis is the leading design & consultancy firm for natural and built assets with a passion to improve the quality of life and be recognised as the best. To achieve this, we collaborate with the 27,000 Arcadians in over 350 offices around the globe on world-changing projects.
With skilled and talented people on-board, we provide major companies and governments around the globe with groundbreaking design, consultancy, engineering, business advisory, architecture and project management expertise.
Why work for us?
We are an award-winning company that offers all Arcadians flexible work arrangements, attractive salaries, global growth opportunities and both formal and informal career development training. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis, and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- 2018 WGEA Equal Opportunity Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- 2017 Flex Able certified employer
Visit our careers page for more information or to apply