- Positive and collaborative work environment
- Join a global Fortune 500 Organisation based in Melbourne
- AECOM offers flexible working arrangements (part time, work from home)
Our Melbourne sustainability team comprises a group of young and enthusiastic engaged professionals and is looking for a like-minded collaborative individual to join the team. With a history of working on some of the most influential building and policy projects, our Australian-New Zealand sustainability practice encompasses a team of people working collectively across Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland and Wellington. We are currently seeking a Professional – Senior level sustainability consultant to join our Melbourne office. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of building and policy related projects; with the aim to be leading your own projects within 12 months of starting your position.
This role requires that you aid project teams in developing innovative sustainability solutions which reflect optimal environmental outcomes whilst balancing client objectives. You will be responsible for managing project workflows and delivering on commitments to the highest standard.
- Aid in the delivery of projects to achieve excellent sustainability outcomes for environmental conservation and improved user productivity and wellness
- Support other team members across the national team
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills to deliver both internal and external service offerings.
You are an enthusiastic individual with a commitment to both individual and team continued professional development. Ideally, you are a forward-thinking individual with technical foundations and an interest in sustainability outside of the workforce.
- Have a degree in engineering or sustainability
- Have a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in a sustainability role and have an understanding of current industry trends
- Be passionate about sustainable development within the built environment and have a strong interest in fostering change for the better
- Be an excellent communicator (both written and verbal)
- Have experience with the use of dynamic thermal and energy modelling software (IES is an advantage) and other computational analysis of buildings such as daylight, thermal comfort, natural ventilation
- Passive House experience or experience with the use of parametric simulation tools such as grasshopper will be an advantage
- Experience working on local, state or government sustainability policy will be an advantage.
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s equal participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible work arrangement that include flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid parental and partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave options
- Corporate employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities.