Role Title: Principal Sustainability Consultant
Classification: Principal Professional
- Inspire and make a difference
- Drive success within the team
- AECOM offers flexible working arrangements (part time, work from home)
Our Melbourne sustainability team comprises a group of enthusiastic engaged professionals and is looking for a like-minded collaborative individual to join the team. With a history of working on some of the most influential building and policy projects, our Australian-New Zealand sustainability practice encompasses a team of people working collectively across Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland and Wellington. We are currently seeking a sustainability consultant to join our Melbourne office. You will have the opportunity to lead a wide range of building and policy related projects; as well as mentor the more junior staff within the team.
This role requires that you lead the project team in developing innovative sustainability solutions which reflect optimal environmental outcomes whilst balancing client objectives. You will be responsible for managing project workflows and deliver on commitments to the highest standard.
- Lead the delivery of projects to achieve excellent sustainability outcomes for environmental conservation and improved user productivity and wellness
- Support junior team members across the national team
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills to deliver both internal and external service offerings
- Plan projects to ensure key deliverable and financial performance metrics are met.
You are an enthusiastic individual with a commitment to both individual and team continued professional development. Ideally, you are a forward-thinking and commercial minded individual with technical foundations and an interest in sustainability outside of the workforce.
- Have a degree in mechanical engineering, a postgraduate in sustainable design or similar
- We are ideally seeking a candidate with 8-15 years of relevant working experience in a mechanical engineering or sustainability role and have demonstrated experience in the local market; including an understanding of current industry trends and legislation. But we are flexible about the years of experience required so if this role sounds like you, please apply and we can assess it from there!
- Be passionate about sustainable development within the built environment and have a strong interest in fostering change for the better
- Be an excellent communicator (both written and verbal); and have proven client relationships
- Have experience with the use of dynamic thermal and energy modelling software (IES is an advantage) and other computational analysis of buildings such as daylight, thermal comfort, natural ventilation
- Have experience with the use of parametric simulation tools such as grasshopper
- LEED or WELL experience or accreditation will be an advantage.
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s equal participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible work arrangement that include flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid parental and partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave options
- Corporate employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
- See AECOM website to apply