- Help create a more environmentally sustainable housing industry in this key leadership role
- Guide the successful introduction of new CSIRO tools into the real estate markets
- Build relationships with key industry stakeholders and oversee the delivery of strategic outcomes from a portfolio of projects
CSIRO is helping Australians to make their homes more comfortable, healthy and affordable, with reduced environmental impact. This includes development of rating tools that benchmark energy performance, and digital media communication tools that make the benefits of sustainable housing easier to understand. CSIRO owns and maintains the NatHERS benchmark software tool, referenced in the National Construction Code.
A dynamic leader is required to guide the further development and successful introduction of new CSIRO tools into the housing and real estate markets, build relationships with key industry stakeholders, oversee the delivery of strategic outcomes from a portfolio of projects, and help manage staff research directions and opportunities.
Specific duties include:
- Enhance communication and strategic relationships with relevant government departments, statutory authorities, industry bodies and external service providers.
- Work with the CSIRO Energy Efficiency Domain Leader and the CSIRO Land and Water (CLW) Liveable, Sustainable and Resilient Cities Research Director to develop commercial models and obtain funding for launching new tools and capabilities for assessing and communicating the benefits of sustainable housing.
- Develop strategies to identify, and resource, the work required to support and maintain the NatHERS benchmark software.
- Manage commercial relationships with CSIRO’s software licensees and oversee a portfolio of IP.
- Develop strategies to enhance the delivery of CSIRO’s tools through digital information and communication technology platforms.
- Work with a team of CSIRO scientists within CSIRO Energy and CLW, to determine issues related to existing and new research opportunities including staff resource allocation and staff research outputs to ensure timely delivery of strategic outcomes from a portfolio of projects.
- Work with CSIRO Energy and CLW Line Management to develop team based strategic project planning processes to (i) develop innovative concepts and ideas for further research, and (ii) access CSIRO internal funding for new capability.
Location: Clayton (Melbourne), Victoria
Salary: AU$127,947 to AU$141,562 plus up to 15.4 per cent superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Ref No.: 4941
To be successful you will have:
- An established network of contacts in relevant industries, such as energy efficiency, solar, building simulation, sustainability, building regulation, planning and building construction.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively in negotiations relating to commercialization and the application of scientific tools in a regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated success in project managing complex projects.
- Demonstrated experience participating in business-to-consumer software implementations or web based information dissemination, preferably in a management role.
- A track record of strategic planning and attracting funding/resources (internal and/or external) to strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience supervising staff, motivating staff performance and managing disputes.
- Appreciation of steps involved in building an autonomous multi-disciplinary team with a collaborative, performance oriented culture that can be successful in support of broad strategic directions.
- Commitment to the principles of OH&S, EO and teamwork.
Applications close Thursday 5 November 2015 (11:59pm AEDT).
To view the full position description and to apply, visit https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Melbourne%2C-VIC-Research-Leader-Building-Energy-Assessment-and-Communication/303113800/ or www.csiro.au/careers and enter reference number 4941.