Take the lead on how we are perceived in the market, and deliver effective marketing and comms strategies to engage our members and stakeholders.
- NZ$80k-NZ$90k plus Kiwi Saver options
- Permanent full time
The New Zealand Green Building Council is a not-for-profit, industry organisation dedicated to accelerating the development and adoption of market-based green building practices. The Council achieves these aims through:
- Setting standards of best practice with its suite of rating tools
- Education and training across the building industry value chain
- Providing a focal point for the latest thinking in green building practice and research, and
- Connecting members together, to create change in the New Zealand marketplace.
Our new Marketing Manager will be leading how we are perceived in the market, and with responsibility for developing and delivering effective marketing and communication strategies, he or she will be well placed to influence. This new role will be responsible for a team of three, but there’s a twist: we don’t have the usual above the line budget, so you’ll need to combine creative, a strong ability to engage with stakeholders, inspire others, and to muck in and get the job done. Key components of the job include:
Developing and delivering effective marketing and communications strategies that inspire a broad industry to engage with and act on NZGBC’s message, products and services.
- Shaping the voice, look and feel of NZGBC in the market by overseeing all marketing and communications delivery.
- Creating strategic partnerships that will increase attention to our work in creative and engaging ways.
- Supporting NZGBC members and key stakeholders with messages and collateral to collaborate in delivering our message.
- Protecting our brands against reputational damage, with an astute eye to risky situations and a problem solving approach to resolving them.
- Initiating, synthesising and sharing insights to improve our customer service approach.
- Managing and motivating a small team of three to think creatively and stretch themselves.
NZGBC is at an exciting time in its history, with our ten year anniversary coming up, the signing of the Paris Agreement on climate change at COP21, and a rapidly growing interest from industry to make New Zealand’s buildings more sustainable. The Marketing Manager will need to hit the ground running, so we’re looking for great experience, the ability to think creatively, juggle tight budgets and be committed to what we do.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and cover letter today to email@example.com, with the subject “Marketing Manager – your name”. Applications close Friday 26 February 2016.
To find out more, download the full job description (pdf)
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.