This senior role is responsible for leading the successful operation and evolution of the NZGBC’s suite of sustainability rating tools.
- NZ$100k-NZ$110k plus Kiwi Saver options
- Permanent full time
With a passion for sustainability in the built environment, strategic knowledge as to how to achieve that through rating tools and deep technical expertise of the design/construction process, as our next Director of Rating Tools you’d be facing a golden opportunity. Following the Paris Agreement in December 2015, the opportunity to support the New Zealand building and construction sector to lift its game, is timely. And the NZGBC is at the heart of it.
This exciting, senior level role is responsible for leading NZGBC’s influence on New Zealand’s built environment value chain, through the successful operation and evolution of NZGBC’s suite of sustainability rating tools, from original conception of new tools, through to educating the market in their use. Taking strategic responsibility for the customer-focused delivery of our rating tools to the market will be your primary aim, but this leadership position is also influential, diverse and strategic in nature. It will require the ability to successfully manage the technical and process aspects of the tools, stakeholder engagement experience to maintain and build on our existing great relationships with members, and the entrepreneurial nous to spot great new opportunities to influence change.
As Director of Rating Tools, the role includes:
- Development of key industry relationships in the building sector to support industry understanding and awareness, and maintain a pipeline of activity.
- Delivery of our rating tool strategy, business plan and budget in order to meet our vision/mission.
- Development and implementation of the work plan that delivers initial introduction, education, technical support and customer service to industry members using our rating tools.
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical development, update and process delivery of Green Star and Homestar.
- Oversight of the certification systems and processes undertaken by the technical team.
- Oversight of how our education strategy supports rating tool development needs and the needs of industry capacity building.
- Management and motivation of a comprehensive and passionate team of technical, certification process and educational experts to deliver to pre-agreed targets.
We’re imagining that you have a strong technical background, with tertiary qualifications in engineering or architecture, excellent industry experience working on buildings and an in-depth understanding of sustainable buildings principles and practices. You’ll have first-hand experience of rating tools and their value in achieving market transformation. You’ll have great people skills and your existing team will be sad to see you go. But you’ll be looking for a different kind of challenge, one that requires you to engage your industry knowledge and contacts in a new way. Your abilities and interest will be leading you to go beyond technical delivery towards strategy, industry engagement and organisational management. You’ll relish the opportunity to be the front face of change in the building industry and effectively channel your passion for sustainability.
A broad strategic role, this will be challenging, but very rewarding. We’re a small not for profit, so getting your hands dirty with the detail is also part of the job. In return, you will be part of a fun, fast-paced team where people are creative and like to challenge the status quo. To learn more about NZGBC visit www.nzgbc.org.nz
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and cover letter today to email@example.com, with the subject “Director of Rating Tools – your name”. Applications close 26 February 2016.
To find out more, download the full job description (pdf)