Department of Industry and Science
Senior Energy Efficiency Officer
Job Title: Senior Energy Efficiency Officer
Branch: Energy Productivity
Section: Commercial Buildings Team
Job Type: Ongoing, Full-time
Salary: $74,196 – $83,488
Classification: APS Level 6
Location: Canberra – ACT
Reference No: 056/1516WC
Closing date: Friday, 28 August 2015
The Commercial Buildings Team in the Energy Productivity Branch is looking for professionals with expertise and background in energy efficiency to provide policy support and advice to the work of the area. The team has a broad set of responsibilities aimed at supporting Australia’s commercial building sector to improve its energy use, as well as responsibility for the Energy Efficiency in Government Operations policy. There is a close connection between the Commercial Buildings Team and its State and Territory counterparts (including the NABERS Administrator), and industry stakeholders.
The positions require professional experience and qualifications relevant to commercial building energy efficiency matters. Successful applicants will draw on professional and industry expertise to develop policy advice on energy efficiency in commercial buildings and government operations, including supporting the efficient and effective delivery of the Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) program (www.cbd.gov.au). This role is suited to a strong communicator who is focussed on getting results and delivering quality outputs in a team environment.
Main functions include:
- Providing policy and technical advice and support on energy efficiency matters to managers and policy makers
- Engaging with key stakeholders in industry and across government
- Driving projects to improve energy productivity outcomes for commercial buildings and government operations
- Reviewing, analysing and communicating effectively on technical material with managers and policy makers
- Planning and implementing outcomes of the recent CBD Program Review and support the efficient and effective delivery of the CBD program
- Actively engaging with the NSW Government’s NABERS Administrator team
- Providing input to the future development and delivery of the Energy Efficiency in Government Operations policy and elements of the National Energy Productivity Plan
This is a full-time position, however part-time applications will be considered from highly motivated applicants. Based on skills and experience, a higher salary (within the available range) may be negotiated. Applicants for this position may be considered for future vacancies.
To apply for the role you will be required to submit a current resume and 1 – 2 page covering letter outlining your skills and experience, relevant to the role, that you bring to these positions.
Relevant professional experience and qualifications in engineering, commercial building energy efficiency, and/or corporate sustainability management would be an advantage.
Position Contact: Amy Phillips, (02) 6243 7227 or email@example.com
Agency Recruitment Site: https://www.industry.gov.au