- Six month contract position based in Melbourne CBD
Energy Action is a leading provider of commercial building energy efficiency solutions as well as having a reputation as an innovative Energy Procurement and Contract Management provider. Our Projects and Advisory Services division provides end to end energy efficiency implementation services aimed at reducing and optimising electricity, gas and water usage, saving businesses money on their energy bills and helping them to become more economically and environmentally sustainable.
We’re looking for a quality driven and results oriented Building Services – Construction Manager. This is a newly created 6 month contract position reporting to the Principal Consultant. As the Building Services – Construction Manager you will be responsible for the procurement, delivery, commissioning and tuning of building energy efficiency upgrade/refurbishment projects, potentially on multiple sites at one time. The position will entail working closely with the broader Projects & Advisory Services team to ensure the delivery of best practice engineering services upgrades and maintaining a strong focus on energy efficiency and occupant comfort.
Based in Melbourne, your success in this role will be measured by:
- Developing and implementing Building Services – Construction Management plans, in conjunction with the Project Implementation Team, for building services upgrade projects of existing occupied buildings.
- Regularly check job sites to manage and monitor performance expectations, standards and workmanship of Subcontractors, ensuring they are working, at all times, safely and adhering to the core values of the company and project.
- Manage site health and safety, of staff and contractors, take appropriate action to deal with workplace hazards, accidents and incidents.
- Communicate and liaise with key stakeholders (e.g. Facility Management, Asset Management, Tenants and Project Management)
To stand out from the crowd and get noticed, we’d like hear from Building Services – Construction Managers with a minimum 3 years’ experience in a project/building services – construction management or building engineering role with demonstrated experience in:
- Contractor management in commercial building environment;
- Delivering with occupied building services upgrade works;
- Familiarisation with CIBSE, ASHRAE, NEBB and AIRAH processes and commissioning standards;
- Exceptional technical knowledge of all building operations, soft and hard services; and
- Familiarity with engineering and technical terms and requirements for property operation.
Qualified candidates with or without an ABN are encouraged to apply.
Energy Action is an equal employment opportunity employer that supports cultural diversity and an inclusive work environment.