Job description: Business Analyst (NABERS) OEH 263-15 – 00003PW6
Office of Environment and Heritage / Regional Operations and Heritage Division
Vacancy Ref: OEH 263-15
Job Title: Business Analyst (NABERS)
Classification/Job Grade: Environment Officer Class 8
Employment Status: Temporary Full-time (1 role available up to 18 months)
The NSW Office of Environment and Heritage aims to enrich life in NSW by helping the community to conserve and enjoy our environment and heritage. For more information go to www.environment.nsw.gov.au
Regional Operations delivers integrated and customer focused services at the regional and local level to strengthen communities and partnerships across NSW. This includes services, programs and grants to support land use planning, threatened species, native vegetation, education, community engagement, energy efficiency, volunteering, environmental water management, coast and flood protection, compliance and enforcement, adapting to a changing climate and private land conservation.
Duties: The Business Analyst – NABERS reviews and analyses the team’s needs and translates these into functional specifications for development into the NABERS website.
What we are looking for:
- Be passionate about the environment
- Be solutions oriented and thrive in helping others to solve problems
- Have experience in designing or continuous improvement of IT solutions
To Apply: Your application should consist of:
- Resume (or CV) that sets out your education, work history and other facts about yourself that relate to the role (maximum of 4 pages)
- Cover letter that summarises your skills, qualifications and experience, and addresses the following targeted questions (maximum of 2 pages):
- Q1. Please give an example of a time when you worked as part of a team to deliver complex projects where engaging with challenging stakeholders was crucial for success.
- Q2. Tell us about a time when you showed drive and motivation for taking responsibility and delivering strong results with limited supervision. What was the outcome?
The information provided in your application must demonstrate that you meet the focus capabilities and other essential requirements of the role. (Refer to the role description for details about these capabilities and the behaviours associated with them. The role description also lists any other essential role requirements.)
A Talent Pool may be established for future temporary vacancies in roles with similar focus capabilities. The pool may be available to hiring managers from OEH and other NSW Public Sector agencies for use statewide within the next 12 months.
Inquiries: Dennis Lee – (02) 9995 6331 or by using the link below:
You must read the following documents prior to preparing your application:
Applications Close: Tuesday, 1 September 2015, 11.59pm
Location: Sydney Region-Sydney City
Work Type: Full-time
Number of Positions: 1
Total Remuneration Package: $112,248 p.a. Package includes salary ($89,755 p.a – $101,261 p.a), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Contact: Dennis Lee – (02) 9995 6331
Closing Date: 01-Sep-2015, 11:59:00 PM
Job Category: Business analysis
Organisation: Office of Environment and Heritage
Responsibilities: Please refer to the role description